Looks Chapter 15

I glance at Lori and Shane. They both look at each other. " Um, " Lori sends me a slightly threatening look, but mostly pleading. Shane sends me the scariest look of all times. " N-no one. " I slink into my chair to avoid the looks of the two. Lori nods happy with my answer. 

Daryl on the other hand knows I'm lying. I get a sick feeling in my tummy. I hate lying. I feel sick after wards. Like someone fed me bad food that wants to come up again. 

" Jesse. " Daryl says more quietly. " We're gonna talk about this later. " 

Later. Gosh no. I'm going to have to lie again. How about we talk on the tenth of never? I can pencil you in at eight. " Okay. " I mumble, my appetite gone. 

I think back to the books I dropped in the hallway. I picked them up this morning. I tried to read them, but it was a little difficult. 

" Jesse, you gotta eat. " Lori points to my food. I shake my head and shrink down at the small glare I receive from Shane. Daryl, who'd been watching me, glances at Lori and Shane. " Come on sweetie. You need to eat up. You don't want to be tired later. " 

Lori sends me a small look. Daryl raises an eyebrow at her. " Hey, don't push 'er. She don't wanna eat, don't make her. " 

" But she-" Lori continues. 

I get up and hurry from the room. " Can't ya just leave 'er alone? " I hear Daryl ask. " The kid don't wanna eat, she don't wanna eat. "