Great place...until it shut down Chapter 16

The lights flicker slightly, causing me to look up from my books. I ignore it and continue trying to read. The adults will figure it out. The lights flicker more and more. 

My heart starts racing. What's happening? Why are the lights racing? Why is the air off? 

I shove the books in my bag and jump as the door's thrown open. " Get yer things Jesse. We gotta go. " Daryl picks up his cross bow and slings it over his shoulder. I grab my bag and throw it on. Daryl grabs my arm and we run down the hall with the others. 

" What's going on Daryl? " I ask a little worried. 

" Nothin'. " He lies trying to get me not to worry. " Just grown up stuff. " 

" Why do we need our things? " I ask as we end up in the room with Doctor Jenner. 

" Just go over to the kids and Lori. " Daryl points to Lori. 

I freeze. No way am I going to that woman. I don't trust her. She's a two faced snake. I haven't known her for that long, but she's not a good person from what I can tell. 

An alarm starts blaring and I jump. " What's going on here?! " Daryl asks looking around the room. 

I stare at Jenner from my spot near the door. I breath heavily and my vision gets blurry. I stumble and my anxiety takes over. My chest feels like it's tightening. I feel like I can't get air into my lungs! 

Chaos is everywhere. Lori pushes Carl away from Jenner, causing Sophia, who's behind him, to fall down after losing her balance. She pushes me and I fall down, and slide past a desk. My back hits another desk and a book falls hits my shoulder. I cry out in pain as my head smacks the sharp corner part of the desk. 

Blood rushes to my ears. Daryl runs at Doctor Jenner. " Yeah, but your head ain't! " He runs at Jenner with an axe in hand. 

Everything happens in a blur. The world spins and I pass out.