On the move Chapter 59

" Jesse! Get up we have to go! Now! " Beth yells as she walks into the room. I jump and hurry out of bed. Gun shots ring through the air. One after another. " Here, put this on. it's cold. " Beth tosses a jacket at me and pulls me out of the room. Lori and Carol are running around the house, calling to everyone. What's going on? 

Beth grabs one of my hands and one of Patricia's. We hurry out of the house and Lori calls to Hershel. Hershel ignores Lori and keeps shooting at walkers. There are hundreds of them!!! I hold back a scream and my heart races. Lori and Carol lead us to the cars. 

Patricia screams as a walker grabs her and bites her neck. I whimper and cry as Beth sobs loudly, trying to pull her away. I run after Carol as walkers follow us towards the shed. She grabs my arm and pulls me closer to her as she bashes a few walkers in the head. 

I cry louder in fear as walkers start to notice us and follow us. Two walkers get closer and bullets kill them. Andrea pants as she looks at us. I scream and Carol presses herself against the shed as a walker comes up behind Andrea. " Andrea! " I yell. 

Andrea turns around and shoots the walker but it falls on top of her. Carol grabs my arm and we run towards the edge of the farm. I stick close to her as we near the edge. Walkers snarl at us and try to grab us. A motorcycle engine grabs my attention. 

Carol pulls me onto the road as Daryl stops to let us on. Why does everyone always pull me around? Carl, Carol, Lori, Shane. Everyone! " Come on! I ain't got all day! " Carol puts me on first and then gets on herself. I'm tightly pressed in between the two adults in a people sandwich. 

I bury my head into Daryl's back as he drives us away from the burning farm. 

Walkers try to follow us as Daryl drives down the road. I whimper at their loud growls and snarls. They're scary! Really scary. I hold onto Daryl tightly. His big frame keeps the wind from hitting my face. I'm so glad Beth gave me a jacket before we left.

We lost the farm. 

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Daryl pulls to a stop on the highway. Carol gets off the motorcycle and I let go of Daryl. He gets off after me and I pull at my jacket sleeves. " Ya okay kid? " Daryl asks me. 

I nod. 

" Good. " Daryl leads me towards the group. Maggie, Beth, and Hershel are hugging each other and crying. Lori has Carl tightly in her embrace. 

I lean against a car as Rick looks around at our group. " Where'd you find everyone? " 

" Well, this guy's tail lights were zig zagging all over the road and I figured he had to be Asian, driving like that. " 

" Good one. " Glenn says to Daryl. 

" Where's the rest of us? " Daryl asks looking at Rick. 

" Were's the only ones that made it so far. " Rick says looking out at the highway. 

" Shane? " Lori asks. Hopefully dead as a door nob.  

There's silence for a moment. 

" Andrea? " Glenn asks. 

" she saved Jesse and I and then I lost her. " Carol says glancing at me. 

" We saw her go down. " T-Dog says from his spot by a car. 

" Patricia? " Hershel asks. 

" She was killed daddy. I tried to hold on. But, but they took her. They killed her. " Beth says crying a bit. " She just...." Beth sniffles and holds onto her dad. " What about Jimmy? " She asks hopefully. 

" He was in the RV. It was overrun. " Rick says softly. 

Beth cries harder and Hershel rubs her back. 

" So you definitely saw Andrea? " Carol asks. 

No one answers. 

" I'm gonna go back. " Daryl is about to get on his motorcycle when Rick stops him. 

" No. " 

" We can't just leave her. " Daryl looks up at Rick. 

" We don't even know if she's there. " Lori says softly. 

" So we're not even gonna look for her? " Glenn asks. 

" There are walkers crawling everywhere. We've got to keep moving. " 

" I say we head east. " 

I look up at Glenn but something catches my eye. A walker groans as it slowly makes his way towards us. 

" Stay off the main road. The bigger the road the more walkers there'll be. I got this one. " Daryl lifts up his cross bow and shoots the walker down. 

Blood spills out of the walker's eye and onto the ground. 

We're on the move again. Yay.