Reality Chapter 45

Daryl helps Carol up but she pushes him away and hurries towards the RV. Beth cries and walks past everyone, towards the walkers. She pulls a man off of a woman and cries harder. She falls to her knees and holds onto the woman's grey arms. The woman lunges up, scaring everyone and groans as she tries to get Beth. Beth screams and cries as the woman snaps at her. T-Dog kicks the woman's head as Rick pulls Beth away. Andrea grabs some sort of tool and kills the woman. Blood splatters all over the place as the woman goes limp. 

Beth holds onto her father for support as Hershel and Patricia help her to the house. 

People yell and Shane walks behind the Greene's, yelling like a mad man. That's what he is. A mad man. Crazy, rude, mad man. 

Not knowing what to do, I slowly walk towards the tents. I stare at the ground with the memories of Sophia dying and snarling at Rick playing through my mind. She's dead. She's dead. She was a walker. Not alive. Dead. 

Gosh! She's dead. Dead!!!!!!! I sob a little for Carol. Carol has no one! Not her daughter, not her husband who didn't deserve her. Ed was a mean drunk and a waste of space. Carol must feel horrible. 

I feel horrible. Was there anything I could've done? Anyway I could've prevented things? 

Why did this have to happen? Why did Sophia have to die? Carl's heart broken, his friend's dead. I didn't really know Sophia well, but she seemed like a nice kid. A really nice girl. Why does life have to be this way? Why do people have to die? Why did the world have to end up like this? Why? 

There's nothing we can do about it. We have no say. There are too many walkers for us to kill them all. There's no place safe. No place to relax and have a normal life. Life like before. This is normal life now. Death. Sadness. Pain. Life's never gonna be like it was before. Never gonna be the same. Past life seems like a distant dream or a forgotten memory. I would give anything to hear the yelling from my mean peers or teachers. Anything to see junkie's on the corner doing whatever they do. At least then we'd have normal life again. Then we wouldn't have to worry about our lives being in danger every single second of the day. We wouldn't worry about having to find food.

But that'll most likely never happen again. The past is the past. Now's now. This is how life is now. And how it's gonna stay forever. This is nightmare we live in. Only, it's not a nightmare. It's reality. 

Our reality.