Anger and worry Chapter 7 (Edited)

I wake up and stretch my sore arms. Wait! I didn't fall asleep here! I look around in panic. 

Oh! I'm in Lori's tent. I yawn and get out of the tent. Daryl's having a fight with some new guy, and Shane. Tears are coming down his face. He's yelling. 

Other's are watching as Daryl walks away angrily. I look around at the sad faces. " W-what happened? " I ask Glenn.

" Uh, Daryl's, uh, brother is trapped on a building. " Glenn looks around at everyone. 

" Thanks. " I hurry away from everyone. Daryl's sitting in front of his tent, angrily mumbling to himself. I nervously walk towards the man. " Uh, Daryl? " I ask quietly.

" What. " Daryl looks up angrily, but his gaze softens when he sees me. 

I look down at my shoe's. " I-I'm sorry about Merle. " I don't know what to say. Or what to do. 

" Thanks. " Daryl's voice softens. 

I sit down, and give him a hug. This is the first time, I have ever willingly given someone a hug. Daryl gives me a small hug, and I pull away. I look around at the camp, to see a lot of people watching us. I blush and look down. My face is probably as red as a tomato.

I feel a small tug on my hair. I look up and see Daryl pulling out a small stick from my hair. I blush deeper, and he chuckles at my embarrassment. " Ya had a stick in yer hair. " 

I smile as he holds up the stick. " Haven't you, uh, heard? It's the new style. " I say quietly. Daryl laughs, and I smile. 

DARYL P.O.V.

My brother's stuck on a building. Great. How can someone do that? Who leaves someone to die on a building?! I feel like pounding someone's face in! I walk away from everyone, back to my tent. My brother's trapped. I will never see him again. He's all I have left. I glare at the ground. Tiny footsteps make their way towards me. 

" Uh, Daryl? " A voice says.

" What. " I say rather harsh. I look up at the small, scared girl in front of me. My gaze softens, and she visibly relax's. 

" I-I'm sorry about Merle. " She looks down at her shoes. Jesse does that very often. When she's nervous or scared, she looks down at her shoes.

" Thanks. " Jesse sits down next to me, and does something, I have never seen her do.

She hugs me. 

I give her a small hug, and she pulls away. As she looks around, she blushes and looks down. I pull a small twig out of her hair. She turns to me, and blushes again.

" Ya had a stick in yer hair. " I hold up the stick, and laugh. 

" Haven't you heard? It's the new style. " I laugh again.

Her shell's cracking. 

Jesse P.O.V.

I take two bowls of food from Carol. I walk back to Daryl, and hand him one.

" Thanks. " He pushes his food around, while I eat. I watch as he refuses to eat.

" You have to eat Daryl. " I say quietly.

He sighs and takes a bite. 

I smile and Lori calls me for bed. I sigh and get up. I know, I won't have good sleep tonight. " Bye Daryl. " I quietly get up.

" Night Jesse. " 

I change into clothes for bed, and scoot away from everyone. Rick, Lori's husband, is a nice man. 

I lay down, and close my eye's. Maybe tonight, I can fall asleep. 

The hours tick on, and soon Carl's asleep. Lori and Rick are talking quietly. I lay still, staring at the tent ceiling. 

" I found you. I knew I would. " Rick whispers to Lori, as they fall asleep. 

I wait a few minute's until I know for sure, they're asleep. I sit up and sigh in frustration. I quietly step over Carl's feet, towards the tent door. 

I unzip the door, and walk outside. The moon shine's down in me, as I look around. 

" Jesse? " Busted. I turn around and look at Daryl. He raises an eyebrow, and I slowly walk towards him. 

" Y-yeah? " I look down at my shoes.

Daryl sighs. " Why are ya up? " 

" Bathroom? " I keep my eye's trained on the floor.

" Really? " I sigh and sit down next to him. 

" I can't sleep. " He sighs and puts out his cigarette.

" Do ya want ta stay with me? " 

I nod and look down. 

" This isn't good Jesse. Ya need ta get some rest. "

" I know. I just can't fall asleep. " I sigh and slump.

DARYL P.O.V.

I pick up sleeping Jesse's small body. She can't keep doing this. It's too dangerous. What if one of these day's I'm not out here? She could get hurt. Or even worse. Get bitten. 

I put Jesse down on Merle's sleeping bag. I cover her up. 

Jesse need to be more careful. 

*******************

Jesse's P.O.V.

Daryl went with a few others in the group into the city to try to get Merle from the rooftop. 

I've been alone all day, walking around camp, and reading some books I find. Carl and Sophia have invited me to hang out with them and the other kids, but I don't feel like I fit in. The other kids all know each other and have hung out together for a while. 

I'm the stranger. The newbie. 

They try to make me feel welcome, but I'm just not comfortable around them, nor are they around me yet. 

I wandered off from the other kids about half an hour after I joined them. I just need some room to think. I've been around a ton of people lately, and it's quite strange.

Before the world went bad, everyone either ignored me or hurt me. These people haven't done either. I'm kinda scared and nervous. I mean, what if I say something wrong or do something that makes them upset or want to hurt me? 

I better be good, just in case.