51

Gaara's POV

They thought training was going to be easy. They believed they were strong enough, but boy were they wrong.

Sakura has been training my young ninjas and the old. She believes they are carved into baby beliefs, afraid of the real world. The world she has lived in for so long... But, thanks to her I have seen so much progress that I never thought possible. I believe she isn't that cold heart as everyone believes and I once believed. She thinks about her actions and the concequences that might come after. She has taken care of Chiyo-sama; the old lady that took care of her when she was young..and thanks to Sakura-chan that lady was given another year or so to live.

However, Sakura's time in the village is coming to its end, she has been with us for a month and tomorrow she must leave because in two days this month will come to its end. I cannot say I am sad because I'm not. To tell you the truth I am happy she's leaving because I know she is going to the place that its her home, the place where everyone is waiting for her. Also in two days it will mark another month that will pass by without my older sister, Temari.

Since she married the Nara's head son, Shikamaru, she by law has to stay in the Leaf village.  It's pretty sad because I miss her dearly but in some way it brings my heart to ease knowing that she is with the man she loves and makes her happy.

Sometimes, in late afternoons I gaze out from the huge window in my office. I see families passing by, elderly people taking their late afternoon walks, and children playing ball in the streets. However, through that thick glass I also see my reflection upon it. I see a tired gaze, unruly hair, and really defined black circles under my eyes besides the ones I grew up with..Since Sakura arrived I haven't stopped thinking in ways to bring her back to her normal self and Shukaku hasn't helped  either.

I hate myself because everything that comes to mind is pure trash, how can I not help an most important person in my life? I cannot let her live her life like this, I can't bare the idea how many people see her as a monster.

'They don't know her, she's not a monster..' I think to myself but then it hits me like a truck, I don't know her well either...She never stayed long enough to get to know her like I wish I did. She's not open anymore, she keeps everything to herself and it worries me greatly. How can I rule a whole village and help them any way possible when I can't even help my friend, am I even worthy to be Kazekage?

"Gaara, Training is over. I'm heading to my room now and pack for tomorrow. I leave first thing in the morning." Her voice so icly like always said to me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Sakura.... thank you.." thank you for everything, thank you for staying her with us for a month without fleeing, thank you for being there for my ninja's and being their sensei. Thank you for making us strong, thank you so much...

"There is nothing to thank me for, everything I did was to help a village that needed a slight push to become something much more bigger." She responded and with that she closed the door to my office and left.

"Gaara~! I have something to tell you~" Kankuro said happily coming in my office a few minutes later after Sakura had left.

"what is it?" I asked while trying my best to hide my exhaustion.

"So the shinobi's that have trained under Sakura just asked me if they could give Sakura a good bye party before she leaves tomorrow. They want to thank her for teaching them and making them stronger. What do you say, little bro?" He prompted.

"Sounds like fun." I responded with a smile.

"Well what are you waiting for let's go! We have a party to prepare." He said mischievously, I wonder for how long have they thought of this?