52

Sakura's POV

I opened my eyes slowly, taking in the rays of the sun that are beginning to intrude inside the bedroom. It's around five in the morning, I must get up grab my belongings and leave. Today is finally the day, I have to return back to my village. I suppose the three months that I asked Lord Hokage to give me didn't go to waste after all, yeah I couldn't find the cure to my curse...but I got to experience something that I never gone through before.

I became the base and support to all of those that trained as my apprentices. I still can't feel, but a part of me thinks fondly of those people, being my apprentice wasn't only working really hard but also learning the values of having friends, and comrades in which you can rely on.

My eyes scanned the room to make sure I don't leave nothing behind. And when I finished, I did the bed grabbed my belongings and started to walk towards the entrance to this building.

When I got there, I was met with a red headed Kazekage and a half awake older brother.

"Ohayo, Sakura-Chan!" Gaara greeted when he saw me. And Kankuro lifted his hand up to say hi as he tried so hard to stay awake. I mean I don't blame him, we did go to sleep at three in the morning yesterday.

"Good morning..." I replied back, Gaara nodded and started to walk with me towards the gates to his village.

"Why are you guys walking so fast~ the Gates aren't going nowhere.." Kankuro mumbled as he tried to keep his eyes open.

"Go to sleep Kankuro, if you're sleepy what are you doing awake?"

"I must see you off Sak. I can't let you go without saying a proper goodbye.." he replied back, now that he was more awake than he was a few minutes back.

"Mmm, a goodbye huh..." I mumbled as Gaara stole a glance towards us.

When we finally reached the gates the sun was already above us, with the morning breeze playfully giving us the warmth of the sunny desert. "Thank you for everything Kazekage-Sama.." I bowed towards him, then rose up to my original pose.

"It's Gaara for you, Sak. There's no need to be formal, we are friends after all. And I will always help you no matter in what situation you are in...I will always have your back. And thank you very much for teaching my shinobi's all the things you taught them. We will always be thankful for you, Sakura."

"Goodbye Sakura-Chan!" Kankuro said giving me a bear hug then letting go.

"I will be on my way then...Goodbye Gaara, Kankuro..." I said then turned my back to them and started to walk away.
.
.
.
.
It has been two days and a half since I left the land of Sand. Every step that I take is a step closer to my final fate. Once I step into the Konohagakure lands, any day will become the day of my Final Fate for it shall determine if I perish or I get to live.

Throughout the time I've spent alone, without talking to my Inner conscious nor my sealed Demon Fox, I have figured out that being alone truly sucks.

I looked up at the now darkened sky, thinking how Inner is doing. Is she happy? Is she lonely? Is she in pain? So many questions yet no answers to fulfill the empty blanks.

I shook my head to stop thinking things that will only make me remember that I failed to protect the only person that truly was there the whole time since I was born.

Approximately right now there is 19 miles between Konoha and me. If I continue at this pace I'll get there within a whole day and one sunset.

Im taking more than usual for the fact that I feel two chakra signatures following me since I left the sand village, and what I'm trying to do is figure out their motive before actually killing them. But I also need to get home soon or else Minato will send someone to come get me.