8: Glint To Kill

Taehyung stares in boredom to the large screen against the board that's to the front of the large auditorium, feeling himself zoning in and out of sleep.

Last night was just one of those nights where he couldn't sleep, no matter how much he tried. Even if he took sleeping pills. The feeling like someone was watching him kept hitting his senses, fueling his paranoia whenever he peered his eyes open to look around the room. The sensation was growing so uncomfortable and unbearable with every dreadful minute that kept passing to crawl to morning.

He checked all the cameras when the sun rose up in the horizon, only to determine it was just his imagination. Maybe he's still not over what he had to go through for the past two years back home. Shit, it's hard sometimes to fight the itch to snort cocaine like how intensely he use to do before or hold in the adrenaline to hit something overcome him from his lack of training, but he has managed to let out those urges through drinking at a random bar in town he discovered not too long ago. Not the smartest idea, but he doesn't have another option to deal with his bad habits.

He needs to feel something else to fight it back.

Just cope with what happened in some way, and being in his apartment like a caveman won't help all the time.

"Um e-excuse me?"

Taehyung was considering ignoring the small voice from the row behind him, assuming it's just the nerds discussing amongst themselves about the slides. That's until he felt a small tap on his shoulder, fighting hard to not let out an annoyed sigh to his moment of nearly passing out asleep be disturbed, before tearing his heavy eyes from the board to a figure slouching near him from behind and over his shoulder.

Woah, this person is way to close.

The red haired man raises an eyebrow, moving more to the side to give off some distance, and slightly tilts his head back to face the boy with the Harry Potter glasses.

Huh, familiar face. Has seen him every time he has class obviously, a few times in the hallways in between classes -with a few people teasing him, and briefly remembering one of his friends mentioning him back in the cafeteria.... But...

What was his name again?

Taehyung blinks multiple times, trying to browse through his memories that is heavily sluggish due to his sleep deprivation, until it finally registers like a computer scan.

Jungkook.

Ah, now it's much more clear.

Throughout the weeks that has passed, Taehyung has noticed that the small boy has often stare at him from the row behind him from time to time but didn't batter an eye too much to care evidently in the open. He's not stupid, he knows the sensation of a stare when he feels it, and that boy was most definitely staring at him.

If not all of his friends as well.

One time, maybe last class on Monday, Taehyung caught him as he was gathering his stuff and sent him a glare in return to make him turn away, but the boy only continues to stare at him with those doe eyes.

It was an odd stare.

The glasses did such a horrible job holding back the evident odd stare the raven haired boy was giving him, yet it was so intense that would make anyone's skin crawl with discomfort. Eventually the intensity between both of their gazes became too suffocating and Taehyung had to turn away, slightly being confused by how Jungkook didn't get intimidated by his look.

That kid has guts.

"Yes Jungkook?" Taehyung slowly asks, feeling his own eyes begging for sleep that he's fighting to hold back to focus.