20: Apartment Visit

Jungkook stares at the bricked apartment building emotionlessly, feeling his heart thump hard against his chest as time continues to tick, yet strange enough feeling calm. It's fifteen minutes before the time V told Jungkook to arrive, and Jungkook took that spare time to scour the area to make sure no rival gang are around - or to make sure this address is not in their territory.

So far, coast is clear.

"Don't you find V a little.... Suspicious?"

Jungkook turns his head from the building to meet Seokjin's eyes, who's staring at the building with a pointed look on his face.

"Suspicious?"

Seokjin flickers his eyes to the boss and hums, "I don't know... He just gives me odd vibes. I mean... Not just anyone would try to push you away from them for so long. Shouldn't you take his warnings to consideration?"

Jungkook has thought of this many times before. He would always question V's life and what he did before coming here to Korea. He has this strong edge about him, this push and pull kind of feel with him. He's hypocritical for sure, saying one thing then doing the opposite once Jungkook is in front of him, and that just makes him more unusual.

As of now, Jungkook wanted to believe that V just didn't want to get close to anyone here because of his comfort zone based on what he has observed so far, but he knows that was far from the truth. V is a mystery; A beautiful art with hidden messages that Jungkook couldn't seem to figure out with his own eyes yet.

However, he's enjoying this little daredevil game that they are playing.

His paranoia and curiosity are still there, no doubt because of the lack of information he has on V thus far to know if he's a threat to his gang or not - even if he's silent and appear as though he wouldn't hurt a fly.

He keeps Jungkook curious, as though he wants him to get closer but knows it's not a good idea for either of them.

Jungkook can say the same considering his status in the gang, he's a boss and anyone near is a threat automatically.

However, this is the first time Jungkook really have found someone that makes him feel.... A bit normal.

Almost like having a high school crush obsession.

It's exciting and he doesn't want it to change.

Since it's the closest thing he has to feeling alive.

At the end of the day, Jungkook knows that this game that they have going on will come to an end, and he will never have a chance with him. So Jungkook is following his lead, being cautious along the way but definitely enjoying the ride.

This man got him hooked, that's for sure.

What he doesn't want to risk is his feelings bubbling up because that's when it'll be bad for both him and Taehyung.

Obsession grew to love, and sometimes someone in love becomes crazy.

Too crazy.

And rationality gets thrown out the window.

"I should, shouldn't I?" Jungkook questions lowly, a forming smirk on his lips, "But that's just the thing, he feeds off my attention too, just as much as I feed off his. He's curious and finds me something he can't shrug off, even if he wanted to. I would know because I feel the same way. If he thinks I'm in danger because of him, he's highly mistaken. If anything, he's more at risk being around me because not only can my rivals tear him apart, but so can I."

Seokjin lets the words ponder his head before slowly nodding, a chuckle escaping his lips, "He's special, huh?"

Jungkook averts his eyes to the apartment building, feeling an odd tug in his chest, "You could say that."