51: Sliced Head

Dream- Imagine Dragons

________

Taehyung stares down at the box with curiosity and slowly approaches it, keeping a safe distance away.

A box?

For me?

Why?

Could it be from my father?

Wait.....

This is familiar....

The blonde squats down and studies the box with his eyes at first. Discreetly he places his bracelet over it and waits a moment, after a few seconds the bracelet suddenly gives off a small vibration to his skin, meaning there's no highly explosive chemicals in it or chemicals that will result in hydro explosion and other types of gasses that wouldn't be so delightful to inhale. So reluctantly he takes the box carefully in his hands. It's slightly heavy and medium sized, perfect size for a collection of small presents inside. Taehyung takes in the beautifully tied red ribbon and how the pink cover has a cute flower designs around the perimeter.

It's so pretty.

So pretty.

Pretty familiar.

"It might be from my dad," Taehyung gleams to the thought, his father knowing how much he loves the color combination of pink and red together. If there's something Taehyung absolutely loved to do while growing up is mix matching colors, especially his clothes; red and pink was his main one and then black and white. Something about those colors together is something magical that Taehyung can't exactly describe. Red and pink reminds him of his mother a lot, especially since it's the colors she use to wear a lot as well, so it sends him to his happy place whenever he sees the colors together.

They knew him too well didn't they?

They presented the box so beautifully.

It's time.

As he begins to pull one end of the ribbon, a childish giddiness enters his body as he removes the ribbon and goes to open the lid.

Time for his insanity to -

"TAEHYUNG DON'T OPEN-"

Taehyung snaps his head to see Namjoon holding Jimin back, a large hand slapped to his mouth with tears beaming the shorter's eyes.

He furrows his eyebrows in confusion but Namjoon only forces a smile, "He has a trauma on seeing bombs formed like this all the time, but our security system downstairs now checks it out before anything is brought up to us. He's just still not use to it."

Taehyung ignores Namjoon's bullshit all together and stares into Jimin's pleading eyes, seeing him constantly averting his eyes between the box and back to Taehyung's confused eyes.

Jimin has never mentioned a trauma with explosive boxes before, then again they barely talk in general so he's not surprised if Jimin hasn't mentioned a few things about himself.

Something about how intensely everyone is watching him gives Taehyung a slight unease sensation to spread in his chest, so he tries to ease himself by sending Jimin a forced smile, "It's okay Jiminie, there's nothing here," He tries to say, watching carefully how Jimin reacts.

Now there's a reaction.

Jimin viciously fights against Namjoon's arms and Taehyung has had enough to seeing how hard Namjoon is holding Jimin back.

Namjoon won't let go of Jimin as long as he's struggling like that, and it's tearing Taehyung apart the painful look behind his eyes.

They're all watching him.