17: Paranoia and Harsh Feelings

Taehyung winces as he stares at the venomous purple mark on his neck from the reflection of the mirror, pressing his fingers around the harsh yellow edges and the deep purple in the middle of the livid and ugly hickey mark.

Dammit.

This thing is fucking huge.

Well..... it's not like it takes up his whole neck, but it's right above his collarbone.

And it's not tiny.

The more Taehyung stares at it, the more he feels uneased by it. No doubt it was purposely done, the possessiveness is evident through the colors and shape of it.

Almost like an animal claiming it's pray; the mark of a territorial claim.

As though Jungkook was purposely claiming him rather than just running on his lustful needs.

Taehyung rolls his eyes. This is Jungkook he's talking about, the nerdy kid with the cute smile and noisy personality.

Him and claiming don't seem to fit the same equation.

But then again, one can never be too careful.

Speaking from personal experience after all.

However, Taehyung would be lying if he said he hasn't grown incredibly drawn to the boy after tonight; especially to how his dark eyes glowed in this murderous authority against those thugs, preventing them from reaching Taehyung.

At that moment, Jungkook transformed into someone else, and Taehyung doesn't know whether to feel an adrenaline of excitement to seeing a new glimpse of this new person, or fear of his identity being not anything like how he displays it to be.

All Taehyung knows is that...... He's drawn to him in a way he can't explain. As though he's tranced by him, just to dig more into his pretty little head of all the secrets he probably holds in store. Taehyung hasn't felt like this for another male before; the intense need to constantly protect him, the urge to fight whoever breaths in his direction, to pin him against the wall and devour his lips and have him moan his name - similarly to what happened today, if roles were reversed.

Taehyung has never felt that need...... For a desperate reaction like this before.

Whatever this attraction is, it's dangerous and Taehyung can't fathom enough on all the reasons why it would be a horrible idea to pursue it, but he's so addicted to it.

To the idea.

He always comes back, no matter how much he says and forces the boy away from him, Taehyung will always come back to him like a fucking dog wearing a leash.

"You're getting to my fucking head," The red haired man groans, gripping his hair and marches out of the bathroom and to his room, "Yet I'm so obsessed with it."

Taehyung just needs a good sleep and hopefully tomorrow will be a good day, a better day than these past few days has been for him. Thankfully he doesn't have classes, so maybe he'll be able to focus on himself tomorrow.

Without seeing Jungkook.

And so, he falls face forward on the bed, hoping sleep takes him away.

"I'm going fucking insane!"

Jungkook throws his specks across the room and grips his mess of raven hair, pacing back and forth in his room with Yoongi on his bed while playing around with the gun between his hands.

Not like he has anything better to do upon seeing his boss distressed when he returned from his night out.

"Just take him already. It's so obvious he likes you," Yoongi huffs, glancing up at the younger boy, frowning deeply when he sees him still stressed with his fast pace picking up speed around the room.

Yoongi can see the gears working in his head.

He can see what's distressing him.

Clearly Jungkook has never had this..... Emotional feelings before, and he doesn't know how to handle it, or what to do in a civil and normal manner.

It's all about business for him, like a game.

But this, hasn't occurred in a long time.

The last time he did grow slightly tender hearted for someone was for a dirty undercover cop - who got him arrested a few years back.

Best believe that scarred him for life on trusting people.

So not only are his feelings for V getting fucked up, but also his trust issues.

He doesn't know what he wants, to be quite blunt, but one thing for sure is that he craves this man.

In many ways than one.

And that new feeling is driving him mad.

"The closer I get, the farther he pushes me Yoongi," Jungkook huffs and grips his hair, "He's driving me insane! I don't know what to do to get a reaction from him without revealing who I am! Should I even get a reaction out of him? No, what if he's not who he says he is - YOONGI I'M GOING FUCKING CRAZY!"

Yoongi stays quiet for a moment and then shrugs, "Ignore him."

Jungkook stops moving and looks at Yoongi with raised eyebrows.

Seriously? That's the best advice he could give? Just ignore him!

Has he not seen V?!?

That man is hard to avoid!

Especially if Jungkook just wants to be by his side literally all the time, for the sake of his paranoia and his darker inner feelings.

"That's it? That's your grand advice?" Jungkook huffs and plops next to Yoongi on the bed, his eyes settling on the ceiling.

Yoongi sighs shifts to look at him, "Ignore him. If there's something anyone hates, it's being ignored or avoided. From there you will see his true intentions. You're always up his ass, let him know who's boss. After all, you are the boss."

Jungkook takes the words in, letting it sink into his brain and he perks his head at Yoongi with wide eyes.

He's right.

He doesn't have to be up his ass all the time to get information. Even if he wanted to, he has to make the other curious about him too. If someone was clingy with him than obviously, he would avoid them too.

In order to know the enemy, you must observe their reaction based on your silence too.

Hmm....

"Not a bad idea actually," Jungkook murmurs, a slow smirk moving his lips, "Not a bad idea at all."

_____

A/N: I know I'm killing you guys with these short chapters, bare with me hehehe next chapter I promise I'll make it like 1000 words hahaha

Thank you for being so patient and loving this book so much!!!

I PURPLE YOU!!! <33