119: Burning The Dead

Song Recommendation:
Silent Night- Pentatonix (it's magical :'))

________

The night is quiet; a tranquil and serene type of quiet. It's that type of silence where one can't laugh or it'll disturb the soft texture lingering in the air. The type where one is forced to remember, to feel, to inhale this moment and let it sink in their chests. Let the reality sink in.

The reality being?

Well, someone very dear isn't here anymore and it's time to let him go.

Through the double doors of the entrance of the apartment walks Seokjin, Taehyung, Jimin and Namjoon carrying a shiny brown wooden plank by the handles on the sides, while Yoongi carries the back and Hoseok the front. It's not that the plank is heavy itself, but more so they all wanted to carry out their leader together.

The ones closest with him.

Taehyung would glance at his motionless baby every once in a while, trying hard to convince himself that he's only sleeping and that he will be at peace soon.

Even if it means he won't ever have that peace for the rest of his life.

Yeosang walks right beside the the smooth wooden that Jungkook lays on, keeping a head high with a white flower in hand as they approach the crowd of people, surrounding the pit of fire by the center of their circle.

Everyone has a white flower in hand as well.

The main five plus Taehyung and Yeosang didn't reach the flames yet when they got through the crowd, instead they put the plank down to follow the ceremony. Yeosang's stood in the wide circle beside the scorching fire, with his head held high as he grabs the knife from his pocket and slices his palm, not too deep but deep enough to draw blood. He splatters the liquid on top of the white rose, staining it with a scarlet red. Everyone mimics his actions, staining their white roses with their own blood and one by one they threw the roses in the flames; saying their last words to their leader as a symbol of letting go and acceptance.

They are letting their leader go in peace.

Seokjin couldn't say anything without crying when it came to his turn, so he only said 'My baby' before dropping the flower to the flames, letting it swallow itself in the heart and burn away his pain. When it came to Namjoon's turn, he bowed completely to the ground, expressing his gratitude and moments the two spent together before throwing the flower in the fire. Hoseok didn't say anything when he was next, only stares at flames with complete emotionless eyes, but places a sweet kiss against the rose where the blood didn't touch it and throws it in the pit, not uttering another word even afterwards. Yoongi followed soon afterwards, who stares at the fire pit with tears beaming his eyes, saying a simple 'I miss you' and 'In peace you go now butterfly' before throwing in the flower.

Next is Taehyung.

He didn't do or say anything at first, only stares at the rose in hand with a heavy heart and unspoken words racing his mind of what he could say. However, the second he lets his gaze fall to Jungkook's dead body on the carrier, he knew words would never be enough to express how he feels at this very moment. Instead of throwing the flower in the pit, he approaches his lifeless lover, carefully placing the rose in between his hands..

Now they will be together.

In life and in death.

Forever.

Taehyung closes his eyes and leans down, pressing his warm lips against Jungkook's cold lips, bringing it back to their first kiss up until to their last being this moment right here.