24

What a day. My mom went into different stages. First: Angryness at me and my dad for not telling her. Second: being worried at me for the accident, checking me all over trying to spot a bruise or a scratch. Frantic hands spinning me around. Third: again angry at me for not telling her. Fourth: frogmarching me to my dad's lab to show her what I can do. Fifth: crying because her daughter can't be a normal teenager. Sixth: angry (again) but now at my dad for even upgrading my suit and then not telling her and finally, seventh: dragging me to the infirmary to check me... again.

In the end she wasn't angry anymore or at least she tried to not rip her hair. She was straight forward with me and my dad saying that she feels anxiety knowing she can't control the fact that her daughter has powers. She excused herself and went to her room, my dad and I stroll to the living room still processing my mom's behavior.

"so umm... Quantum... what's next?" he asks pouring alcohol in a glass

I rub my forehead and read his unperplexed face "Dad...it's a little hard believing your supportive façade right now" I sit on a high bench next to him

"Well, I'm dying inside... but uh, If I tell not to do it, you'll do it anyway and if I tell you I'll help you... well, I prefer that scenario" he slurps his drink "Who knows? for real?"

"Happy, you, mom and Peter, Vision yeah only them" I mutter leaving Ned out of this

He nods licking his lips and tilting the glass side to side

"What are you thinking?" 

"I'm thinking that we are going to give your mother a heart attack. It's gosh... the first moment she lay her eyes on you... she just promised to keep you safe... you were a complete accident but you changed our lives"

I frown "Thanks?"

"Tannie" he stands up and leaves his glass on the counter "You are a teenager, ok? your perspective of what is safe or good or even moral can be different from mine and I accept that because someday it'll change...but we need to stay in the same page with something...-" he grabs my shoulders " you won't put yourself at risk, you don't even dare to die"

I blink seeing his eyes, this time not a comical stare "On the same page... yes"

He quickly nods and snatches his glass "A tip... hero to hero... try to carry your suit everywhere you going and do not for any reason.... drink water before a mission" he points and walks away

 ----------------

"... and Zach was like dancing one song with one girl... Tamara? and then it ended and he switched partner... all night like that!" Harley feverishly narrates what I missed on Homecoming 

"Sounds like a player..." I comment eating some of his fries

"Yeah, I think he is... can I have another piece of that granola bar?" He points to my food and I nod "...I was thinking that we could go to a museum... for the date you own me" he says munching

I snort and quirk a brow "Is that so? sure!" the bell buzzes and I stand up "Talk with my agent, I'm quite busy these days"

Harley huffs and I leave the cafeteria. I jog to the changing lockers because I have P.E., Coach Wilson made us do the second phase of Captain America Challenge. I am currently on the floor stretching my legs.

"Mind if we join you?" A pair of sneakers pop beside and I look up to see Ned

" Yeah, I was waiting for you" I pat the mat on my right

Peter and Ned slump beside and I continue to stretch until I reach the tip of my feet

"Guys, I was thinking that we could go to my place and start our own Lego land, we could order pizza from D'Angelo's, huh? and you Peter can bring the Lego sets you have"