84

Mr. Harrington crooks his hands for us to step closer "Everyone double check if you have your bags... I'm gonna check us in, ok? stay together" 

The inside of the hotel is big, a vertical building where the rooms can be seen from the lobby we are in. The USAD 2017 posters, as well as the stalls, are placed beside the reception area. I shift my bag to the floor and stare back at the multiple rows of students coming inside.

"Oh, I remember this as it was yesterday" Charles mutters to Abe 

Flash does the same with his black backpack and jerks his head at me "Hey, Tannie... your place is way bigger than this, right?"

"Well..."

"That's a yes, huh? Nice. Do you want to be neighbors?"

"She's staying with me. Do you want to be neighbors with me Flash?" MJ joins my right

"Girls...." he whispers spinning away from us

"Got us something to spend these days, you'll see" with an awkward pat to my shoulder she goes away 

Peter and Ned step out from the bathrooms as he waves at me and I gladly wave back. He jogs to me taking my hand in his and with the other one her rubs circles.

"What we missed?"

"Just checking in... there are too many students"

"Yeah, Abe told me we are competing against five schools" Ned looks up, "I think the walls are whiter..." 

"Pfffff, we got this"

"OK!! Rooms are ready!" Harrington joyfully runs to us with several white cards "Peter... guess you stay with Ned... Tannie, MJ is in the bathroom but you take the keys"

"Thanks," the three of us say

Harrington gives us thumbs up and turns "Girls, your key!! Flash you are my roommate!!"

"....noooooo!"

 "It's almost one pm, what do you say if we put our things in our rooms and come back down here?"

Peter nods "It's a plan Q.T."

We stroll to the three columns with the glass elevators, most of the crowd is back there in the reception, I look at the number; 593. I text MJ the number and grab the key card from Ned's hand to see they have the 590.

"Oh, Harrington told me he would like for us to have a special dinner. To calm the nerves" Ned speaks looking down at the smaller lower floors

"I really like this" I mutter also looking down

"What, the hotel? It's a great business hotel" Peter states grabbing my bag from my arm

"No, the closeness... I like that we are a team, including Flash... sometimes"

The ding of the elevator makes the doors open. The hall is wide enough for us three to be together while Peter is in the corner seeing the open space from the building. We pass at least five rooms until the first one is 590.

"Yours" I point out 

"Finally! My back is killing me" Ned goes ahead and unlocks the door with the card

Their room is as I saw when I checked the web page. It's a creamed room with two Queen mattresses, a small desk with a radio and an ice bucket. Three medium paintings of birds and nature. Ned tackles the corner bed as Peter languidly steps inside and throws the bags on top of the other bed.

"Great, I'm three rooms away. See you in uh... five?"

Ned says something that gets lost in the duvet as Peter tilts his head in a pout "Three rooms away"