73

Friday, September 1st, 2017

So it hasn't happened again

Yet

Several reasons. May seems to be all the time in the apartment working, first no-no. Peter drew the line of NOT doing it in my place; quoting "I'm too young to die!", second no-no. Then he's very busy, worst than when we were at MIT filled with Homework, so it's indirectly a third no-no. And lastly, well... I hate admitting it, but uh... I'm nervous? I guess I'm overthinking it. It's like when I was a kid. Whenever I didn't know about something I rushed and asked JARVIS everything about that topic or sometimes asked him to buy a book from the nearest library to be delivered at the mansion so that in the end I was kinda an expert on the topic.

But now. No way I'm talking to FRIDAY about it. She likes to talk to my dad and my dad likes to talk to my mom... So I'm recurring to the ol' ways. Buying Seventeen Magazines with several articles about relationships. I ordered a bunch the next day after that uh, moment. So now my backpack is filled with them. Is it helping? I'm not even sure but it's very informative and somewhat entertaining. 

"Bubonic plague was also known as...?"

The ring buzzes as Cindy proudly smiles "The Black Death"

"Yep, now... name the three diseases that have had the biggest impact on human society"

Everyone writes down something in sync but in silence and MJ only turns her head down to look at me

"A tricky question, huh? Nice one" she nods with her head and sigh "Ok, guys! it's not that bad... remember the letters P.S.S"

"And that is?" Charles mutters

"Plague, smallpox and syphilis" 

A collective 'oh, I knew that' pops in the auditorium while I cross my arms on my chest laughing at their discouraged faces. A pat on my shoulder catches my attention and Mr. Harrington walks past the first row where I'm seated and to the edge of the stage.

"You can do this, guys! You are the bomb! Indeed it is a tricky question but that's the point, right? If we can answer it and the others can't..."

"We're gonna win" Ned finishes earning some 'cool' finger guns from Harrington

"Exactly, so... we still have time. Last year the Nationals were on September the 14th" he pauses seeing the shocked faces in front of him "But do not worry, the USAD moved it for next month"

"The same routine?" MJ asks

"Yeah, same hotel, we're leaving on Friday the thirteen, on Saturday we have the Nationals and after that, we are free to do whatever we want and on Sunday we return here... this time uh, no Washington Monument visit"

"Sounds fine" I mutter and the doors click open behind us, Peter agitatedly pushing through and panting with his backpack on the verge of falling from his back

"So-sorry! sorry! I'm here!" he shrieks jogging to the seat next to me

"Great!" Harrington clasps his hands "Now, alternate turns... uh Flash and Charles with Tannie and April... this time MJ lets go with African Art"

"Sure"

Reluctantly, I stand up and stroll to the stage and to the wooden tables leaving the panting body of Peter behind. When I sit down I notice the bags around his eyes while he slumps down on the seat I was previously on. 

"Are you ready losers?"

I cock my head "Fire up, loser" 

"Artists of African heritage are called?"