94

A soft gasp comes out of my lips as I turn around to see who talked. My eyes squint to focus further into the dark corners of the roof. I take a step and squint even more.

"Sorry, Miss. I didn't want to scare you"

Even if the voice comes out a little bit deep and somewhat husky, I sigh, the tune of the voice is not unfamiliar. It's obviously Peter. And my thoughts are confirmed when the camouflaging shadow finally appears. Oh, he's wearing his suit.

"Hey... went patrolling" I affirm

His head tilts to his right while his suit eyes contract "Uh, like always Miss. This is my usual route. The friendly neighborhood Spider-Man"

"Of course" I chortle "Ok, then what's your plan, handsome? The movie night at Central Park that was stolen from us by Gargan?"

He shake his head "Miss, I think you are confusing me with someone else. I prefer to start with an introduction. Hello..." he extends his arm to me "I'm Spider-Man"

What the he...

"Uh..." I whisper unsure

"Oh, sorry!" he takes his arm back "You're probably not used to meeting heroes at roofs, huh? But don't worry! I'm friendly..."

My pinched lips slightly curve, grasping what he's doing "Right, uh... Spider-Man..." I extend my arm now and he shakes our hands three times and retracts back to his spot "Nice to meet you, I'm Tannie"

"Tannie?" His eyes expand "Curious name"

"Well, I could ask for yours but I guess that stays a secret" I smirk and shift side to side on my feet

"Yeah! Identity protection and that stuff" He explains with his hands touching his hips

"I wonder if I've seen you...?" I pause to see his reaction

Pet- I mean, Spider-man shakes his head "No, I think I will remember you, for sure..."

I only hum and turn to see the skyline "So, uh... you just finished patrolling Queens' streets?"

"Jup!" his body leaps forward but he keeps his distance "I just wanted to relax for a bit before uh... going to... my place..."

"Well, that means you're not homeless"

"I'm not" he chuckles "But you? You on a roof, by yourself, and at night?"

I take advantage of the narrative and shrug "Some boy asked me out... but he never came... so in an impulsive act I decided I wanted to go on a roof"

"Pffff, what a jerk" I laugh at that as my eyes playfully widen, he chuckles and nods "Yes, that's right. Spider-man says jerk... did you, uh... were looking forward to that date?"

"Mmmm, not sure... uh, ok, maybe a little... fine, a lot" I murmur playing as the hurt one

"Who, in their right mind could possibly ditch you?" he speaks and stands on the edge of the roof 

"Well, at least I got to meet you, right?"

His masked head turns to me, the only thing visible is the expanding eyes "Destiny?"

"Perhaps" I shake my head and step closer to the edge to see the streetlamps below "But I'm sure you are going? After protecting us... you should rest"

"No, come on. I'm a night person"

He's not.

"Uhu? So... what do you want to do?"

He steps closer and brushes one of his shoulders "You don't want to return to your place? Where do you live? Wait... don't answer that... that sounded so stalky"