144

The smell of onions and oil perfectly covers the apartment, then the scent of garlic appears and I peek my head to see how Peter's doing. It's been almost an hour and he seems fine walking back and forth and grabbing trays and bowls, the chopping noise is long gone and I even saw him washing the cutting board and some utensils.

With him confidently saying he's cooking a masterpiece I moved back to the living room and into the couch snuggled inside all the blankets I could find in his room, Marie is resting on the cushioned chair and before Peter says food's done I will give her the bottle so she won't start crying. What's for food? Who knows. He bought arborio rice, and that multi-grain bread... he said he checked cooking blogs so I trust him.... yeah.

"Q.T.?"

"Yeah?" I turn my attention from the TV to him, he scratches his forehead with his forearm and sighs "Everything's ok there?"

"It's awesome" he softly smiles and strolls to the diner booth "Just... can you go to the bathroom and bring me a rag? One of those absorbents May likes to use?"

"Yeah, sure... those yellow ones"

"Exactly. Please"

I jump to my socked feet and walk around the couch to the hall "No problem, handsome" I crouch in front of the sink and open the cabinet and take one "Just one or two???" I ask him a loud

"Uuuhhmm, two, please!! Thanks!"

"Two," I say and snatch two and stride back to the kitchen this time "Thinking about leaving a spotless kit-"

"Nooooo!"

I stop from walking and instantly scrunch my face at the gross sensation on my soles, I look down and see how the whole base of both socks are damp, covered in a yellow almost brown liquid "iiiiuuuhh...." I whisper looking back at Peter who is also scrunching his face in regret "What's this?"

"Chicken broth... I think I have a problem when twisting the lids... Marie's face can prove that" he whispers and spins to the sink "Give me your socks I'll put them in the washing machine"

I twist my lips at how damp my feet feel and let the rags on the counter seeing the puddle of chicken broth all over the tiles "Good thing you got two, huh?"

"The blog I read recommended to buy extra things" he giggles and the running water on the sink appears "Apart from that, everything's going great here"

I hum and try to peek inside the pot he has on the stove. I walk ahead, my socks can't get any wetter.

Well, decisions, decisions...

I only hear my gasp and soft yell and also I hear the smash of my whole back against the tiles... the wet tiles with chicken broth.

"Tannie?!" Peter spins and his eyes rapidly fall down to my laying body "Oh my God...." he carefully crouches and touches my leg "Are you alive?"

I snort at his question and grunt for the little burn in my back "I didn't hit my head, that's good...ouch"

Peter frowns resting one hand on my stomach "What hurts?"

"My dignity" I dramatically sigh and try to stretch my legs in the spare space of the kitchen "I just slipped with chicken broth"

"And what truly hurts?" He asks standing up again and offering me his hands "For real"

"My back took the hit, my knee hit the counter and it hurts having damp socks with chicken broth" I grunt again pulling myself up with the help of Peter's strength and then I scrunch my face again in yuckiness "Oh...."