138

Saturday, March 3, 2018

I shove three oatmeal bars on my small backpack, I return to wash the plate I used and quickly dry my hands as the two bodies emerge from the room's hall. I snort at the view of my mom's strawberry blonde completely tangled on the sides showing that she rolled a lot during the night and my dad sniffing as he scratches his stubbly goatee. Both slowly pace to the island while I take the last items inside my backpack and leave some others in front of them.

"What's this, baby?" my mom drowsily mumbles as she takes the small wrappers "Chocolate?"

"Coffee truffles for you two, part of the subscription box dad gave to me on Christmas"

"Oh, forgot about it for a moment" my dad grunts taking the wrapped truffle "Coffee you say? Where's this from? Vietnam?" he asks sniffing the truffle

"Italy" I snort and zip close my backpack "I need to go to the school but I think I'll be back early"

My mom, already engulfed in the truffle, shoves it away from her lips and frowns "Is everything alright?"

"Did you finally got into some trouble?" my dad mutters while taking the coffee pot "Did you?"

"It's a school project and I'm thinking you want me to get into trouble"

"It'll be cool to see it. What dark pranks you have under your sleeve and that stuff. I honestly want to see you in detention"

"Tony" my mom warns "Give me some coffee... thanks... well, have fun, baby. Text me when you get there?"

"Text you when I get there" I repeat walking around and giving a soft pat to my dad's back "And I'll text you if I get in detention today"

"Thanks!"

"Tannie..." the same warning voice comes from my mom but it's tamed the moment I kiss her cheek "Be careful!"

"Not be careful!" my dad's voice resonates while I walk downstairs to the small vestibule

It's a good day to have a baby.

Okay, let me rephrase that... that sounded super weird.

It's a good day to have a baby doll... The sky is clear, small mounts of white clouds are barely seen, the air is not brisky and the sun only warms and doesn't burn, however the admiration ends when I have to step down to the subway because the human scent reaches my nose and it's not good. I bear it for all the stations until I have to step out to wait for Peter at the usual steel column. Looking right in front of the stairs I smile when his characteristical white sneakers that now seem grey for all the dust, appear. He shows me his teeth in a breezy smile as he leaps down form the last stairs and lands, with his light grey shirt that says 'Ah! The element of surprise', he joins in front of me and sighs.

"Hellooouu... did I make it on time?" after saying it, he goes and plants a kiss on my cheek "May was a bit excited for today and started showing me baby videos"

I return the cheek kiss making him breathily chuckle "On time, I just got out and May also sent me those this morning. Did you had breakfast already?" I ask pushing him to walk back to the edge of the waiting line "Huh?"

"Uh-uh, I woke up like... one hour ago. Won't ask you if you had breakfast because you sent me a heart emoji at 7 fricking am"

I snort and open my backpack to grab the oatmeal bar and hand it to him "Don't faint, webhead"

He smiles at the bar and tenderly kicks my leg "Awww, thanks! Uuuuh, it has chocolate chips. Did I tell you you look cute today?" he brings the wrapper to his teeth to rip it open "So how do you think it's gonna go? We'll take the doll and go?"