134

Friday, February 9, 2018

"Is it supposed to be this white?"

"Uh, it's a bit translucid, no?"

"Smells funny"

"... have you ever tried it?"

"What, this? Maybe...? I can't remember... have you?"

"Of course not"

"You want to...?"

I shrug uncertain of the sticky white liquid "Maybe a lick?...."

I stare at the white substance and bring my hand up and as I stick my tongue to give a lick, Peter's hand instantly brings my hand down and he quickly shakes his head.

"No, you better don't"

"Why?"

"What if something happens to you?"

I snort and look back to the sticky sensation in my palm "Well... it's just school glue... I think I'll be ok. I've never eaten school glue before"

"And suddenly you want to" he chuckles and resumes spreading the glue all over my palm, "It says is not toxic but what if it is to you?"

"Fine... I can't believe I'm saying it but I'll abstain of eating school glue"

Peter returns my playful stare and it's a matter of seconds before we burst out in laughter that subsides in soft unpaced giggles. I start waving my hand in the air for the glue in my palm to dry out while Peter returns to spread glue on his hand.

"This is going to be so satisfying" he murmurs in excitement "I used to love peeling glue as a prank..."

I chuckle as I slide away from the diner "I'll get the hot glue gun, where do you say you put it?"

Peter lifts his head away from the multiple supplies and points behind "Uh, the last drawer in my desk and if it's not there is in one of the boxes on the top bed"

I quirk a brow and smile "And if it's not there?"

"Uh... then I think we'll have to use my webs to stick these"

"I'll be right back" With calmer giggles, I walk back to his room and with my spare hand I open the drawer he told me, it's not there so I climb on the metallic ladder and drag one box to start looking for it, I see the cable and snatch it out of the box, I jump down and quickly place the blue gun in my hand and silently move out of his room, I see him on the diner as he keeps painting the foam balls with newspapers covering the table and stains of acrylic paint on his hands and finally, I point the gun at his head"Give me all you have... or I'll shoot you hot glue"

He gives me an inquisitive look and tries his best to suppress a laugh "...Ma'am, your hot glue gun is unplugged..."

"It takes three minutes to heat up... I only have to plug it and you'll be toasted"

"You're not really intimidating," he says with pinched lips and shrugs

I flip the gun in my hand and give out a chortle as I place it down on the table "Well, at least I tried... did you finish?"

"Almost... I'm not a van Gogh" he says and plugs the gun in the socket

I peek to see how far he's gone painting and I snort at the sight of  smeared paint "You're right you are not"

"Ouch" he murmurs

"I meant that you're not because actually you have two ears but... if the shoe fits... wear it, Parker"