133

Thursday, February 1, 2018

"Tannie......... Tannie...........Tan-Tan....... Tans...... Tannie-bananie"

"Bro, she's reading..."

"I need her advice!"

"Send her a text"

"But she's in front of us!"

I sigh when I finish another chapter and close my book "Sorry, I had to finish this, what's up?" I stare back at Ned and Peter who sit across from me

"I was going to ask if you can be my spy?"

I frown at him "What? Spy?"

Ned warily leans on the table and gestures for me to do the same when I do, he sighs "I need you to infiltrate into dangerous grounds"

I give a look at Peter but he returns it with an 'I don't know what he's talking about'   "I need more details, Ned"

"I need you to be my spy for a new Operation... Operation BBBBF" he whispers

"Operation...?"

"Become Betty Brant's Best Friend"

At the same time, Peter and I sigh and I shake my head "Ned..."

"Please! I need you there, Betty wants to be your friend, you know? But she told me she finds you intimidating but if you approach her and infiltrate in her life...  then you can tell me if she's happy with Bryan and-"

"Listen, I won't do that"

Ned gasps "But you are my best friend!"

"Exactly for that..." I explain and return my eyes to the last grapes on my tray "People don't just... infiltrate to someone's life like that"

"Spies do"

"But she's not a spy, Ned" Peter murmurs

"I respect Betty and I just won't pretend to be her best friend just to tell you all her secrets and stuff, that's not how things work"

Ned huffs and Peter starts placing all the crumpled napkins on his tray "Bro, that's the craziest thing you've ever said"

"I'm desperate! Operation BBBB is coming apart with each day Betty and Bryan are together... oh my God, I just realized something... their names start with the same letter"

I tell Peter with a single look that Ned is going insane in front of us. I clear my throat and grab Ned's hand on the table "Ned... maybe it's time to clear your mind from her just a bit"

"But you said it yourself, I need to develop our friendship and then make a move!"

"But not by asking me to be a double agent and definitely not by talking to her all the time... you need to draw some space between you and her; at least that's my opinion"

Ned sighs and turns to Peter who is focused with his crossed arms on the table "Bro? What do you say?"

Peter scratches his neck with a flinch on his face that makes me frown, but he gulps and speaks "I think that you can try to do other stuff to clear your mind??"

"I just want to go back to those days where I was watching Disney Channel, you know? My only worries were about Miley Stuart admitting she was Hannah Montana... now I'm worried about a new blonde girl..."

I snort and squeeze his hand "We're here for you, Ned"

He returns the soft and small smile and shrugs "Thanks... can we talk about something else? Not depressing but something far from love and stuff"