119

Sunday, December 17, 2017

"Toothbrush"

"Yes"

"Toothpaste"

"May got us those travel-size tubes"

"Good. Swimsuit?"

"I packed the three I own"

"...What about the other...suit"

"Under my bed because no way I'll make an appearance there"

"I think you are ready to go!"

Peter flutters his lashes at me with a sigh "I don't think I'm ready to go"

"Yes, you are"

"No, I'm not. This is unfair and I have so many arguments that defend that"

"Sweetheart?!!" May rapidly peeks her head from the main door of the building "We need to take that bus...."

I give Peter a gentle push towards the exit of his building and grudgingly he obeys as he slides his suitcase on the floor. The street in front of his building is usually calm and right now is ten times calmer due to the fact that it's eleven am so there's not a soul apart from us three and the cab waiting for both to get in.

"Have fun, May. I promise to check on your place"

May 'awww's' at me and quickly embraces me in a hug while shaking me side to side "Thanks, honey. You take care of yourself and Happy. We'll talk on Christmas and New Year's Eve, huh?"

"Sounds good to me and say hi to your sisters and your parents and the whole Clan"

"They love you, of course" and with that, she slides first into the backseats of the cab 

I turn around and grab the handle of Peter's suitcase "Come onnnnnn...."

Peter's eyes dance side to side as he takes one huge step towards me, his chest connecting with mine and his hands scramble to get a hold of mine. He takes me off guard as he slides his keychain on my palms and closes my fingers.

"What are y-"

"The keys to my place. Once I'm gone you go up and you go to my room and you'll see..."

"I'll see... what?"

Peter directs my hands for me to keep the keys inside my pocket and I do. He gulps and shrugs "You'll see..."

"Are you sure...? These are your keys..."

"Come on" he lets out a breathy snort "Who better to have them, ah?"

"Fine. Oh, did you pack suns-"

My words are muted with his soft and warm lips on mine. It's a close-mouthed kiss that lasts longer than a peck but not as deep as the usual ones we give to each other. He is the one pulling apart and sighs once again.

"We'll talk, right?" he murmurs

"Of course we'll talk. Please text me when you get to that fancy house"

"I'll give you a virtual house tour"

I snort as I slide away and push him towards the car "I bet you will. I love you, Peter Parker, and have fun"

"I'll try" he mutters placing the suitcase inside the car

"And you'll succeed" I mutter back giving him a light kick on his butt for him to slide inside the cab "I'll miss you"

Peter gives me a strained smile; a sign he is indeed having a hard time with the trip. He nods as he slumps down and closes the door only for him to quickly roll down the window "I'll miss you so much" he says again