141

Thursday, March 15, 2018

"Fried chicken is not fried chicken when it's done in an air fryer"

"You speak the truth, bro" Peter giggles giving a bite to his 'pseudo fried chicken' as he calls it "Fried means fried"

Ned hums in agreeance and drinks his chocolate milk "I mean, what's next? Jello not being gelatinous? I'm telling you, Midtown is killing us"

I snort shoving the last grapes into my mouth and searching for Peter's eyes "You know, I have an idea"

Peter flashes me a pursed-lip smile "I know what you're gonna say"

I close my book and directly stare at him "I think I should tell him you have work today"

"Uh-uh"

"Tomorrow's Friday, you're free" I retort

Peter poutily frowns as he gives a sip to his chocolate milk "Nope. Friday is our free day" he turns to Ned "You still coming?"

"I need to check with my mom again but very likely it's a yes"

"See?" Peter pouts again "Tomorrow the three of us are busy so it's today"

"I just say that my dad won't mind if you say you can't today"

Ned chuckles and skeptically frowns at me "I mean, you are saying that Peter should tell your father, Tony Stark, that he's unavailable and to raincheck?"

"Yeah!"

"Yeah. That's not happening" Peter giggles cleaning his mouth with a napkin "I don't mind not working today. I told Jake I'll see him next Tuesday.... uh, right, Ned?"

"Yeah!!" Ned hums staring down at his tray "You'll work next week... anyway, you know why your dad needs Peter?"

"No idea. I don't even ask him anymore, he never tells me what his plans are for Peter"

"I bet that he's finally recruiting you to live in that awesome Facility" Ned proudly nods "Just imagine that. Peter will be your neighbor, ah?"

"Don't remind me about that" Peter huffs "I'm still replaying how I said no to him"

Both start talking about tomorrow and the preparations for the production of yet another homemade Lego movie where I'm the camera supervisor. I quit my fight of telling him he doesn't need to miss his tutoring job only because my dad asked him to meet today so I softly shake my head to continue reading, however, the music of Midtown News starts emerging from the TV's attached to the walls of the cafeteria, others don't pay attention to it but Ned, Peter, and I quickly turn our attention to it.

"Ow, that's why I didn't see Betty here," Ned says "She's in the recording room"

"Should be important if they are doing it now" Peter adds

After the transitional images and the school logo, Jason and Betty are seated in the same set "Hi! I'm Jason!"

"Midtown students" Betty clears her throat "I'm Betty Brant and we are currently interrupting your break to show you the latest news affecting our community"

"Order some juice because this is gonna get juicy" Jason laughs awkwardly turning to see if Betty smiles "Okay uh, first. Seniors, don't forget to start paying for your tickets. Save the date, June 2 is your prom. Start gaining the courage to prom-pose to the girl you like" he winks at the camera and later blinks "Also for-

"Juniors" Betty interferes "We are currently investigating if a Junior prom is possible, the answer most probably we'll have it next week"

"Hashtag, Juniors need a Prom too!!"