30

I woke up and did my normal routine, the only thing different was a huge smile plastered all over my face, my mood was surprisingly good. I ate breakfast and hopped on the car, Happy was questioning me why I wasn't rolling my eyes at something but I just smiled at him. 

Love Happy, love.

I was walking to my locker, I felt like I was floating... It was like a slow-motion moment, people crossing by, laughing or talking, teachers groaning for another day of teaching, I reach my locker and start spinning the padlock, still everything so... slow yet so good. Then I walk to the classroom, I slump in the usual seat and start writing the date on the notebook until my eyes caught a pair of sneakers walking in front of me and reaching the seat on my left.

"Ahem..." Peter discreetly coughs and I turn to see him  "Hi!" he almost screams waving his hand

I smile and then my eyes stop at his perfectly brushed hair with a fine coat of gel "What happened there?" 

He follows my eye line up to his hair and sheepishly smiles " Oh,I-I thought it's good to be... presentable. You don't like it?" 

I snort and stand up next to him. "You look great..." He lifts his head looking at me and with my right hand I bring some strands of hair to the side of his forehead "There, better"

Half-opened mouth but no words coming out of him. I let my hand fall to his table, my fingers slowly tracing the wooden material.

"Th... thanks"

All the class I was trying not smile as my life depended on it, instead, I focused that energy in answering all the things the teacher asked. When it was over I waited for Peter outside to walk together, we didn't talk, it was good actually. That kind of silence sometimes I believe it's necessary. The next two periods were incredibly bearable and fun. Recess came by and Ned was waiting for us at one table.

He tilts his head at us "Hello guys!"

"Hey Ned, how are you today?" I ask him and open my container with food and sliding in the chair

"Pretty good Tannie! thanks for asking, see Peter... she's nice"

I laugh and start eating listening to one of the anecdotes from Atlanta. I turn my sight and see Peter also listening but then looking down at his food and then at me and then at Ned.

"Ned... we're having a date!" Peter burst out and I almost choke with my food, my eyes slowly travel to Ned who makes a confused face

"Ok... you better be more specific... like a date to the dentist or...?" he says between laughs

"No, like... Tannie and me... we are having a date this Friday" he explains and Ned quickly turns to look at me and then to Peter and then to me

His jaw goes slack "Really Tannie?" I nod and he loudly gasps "Amazing! I knew you two could do it!"

I frown "What do you mean?"

"Yeah, what do you mean, Ned?" Peter asks between teeth

Ned ignores Peter and turns to me "Oh, you see... Peter confessed to me one day that he liked you and from there I start motivating him to talk to you but it's Peter..."

"Hey!"

Ned snorts but proceeds now looking at Peter "I knew Tannie also was feeling something for you and I helped her for a moment... like a wingman!"

"You knew? why you didn't tell me, Ned? we're best friends! you can't keep those things from me!" Peter exclaims

"Wait, wait... she told me to do it!" Ned points at me and I quickly look at Peter