76

ONE WEEK LATER

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

4:24pm

"Dude, come on... stop with the nail-biting" Ned murmurs, perched on the corner of the bed

"I can't..." Peter explains pacing back and forth, his computer on the desk while I only stay seated on the floor, back against the bed

"At least drink the glass of water I brought?" I finally speak and Peter spins and eyes the glass in the bookshelf

"Thanks..." he obeys 

"Uh... Tannie?" Ned whispers to me with a poke in my shoulder

"Yes?"

"We need to distract him for five minutes top... he's going to collapse at some point"

I nod and gnaw on my lip "Uh, Peter?"

"Mmmmm?" he speaks finishing the water "...yes?"

"Maybe now you can explain to us more about what you had to create? You explained it to me long ago... but... please?" I flutter my lashes at him making my best pure and sinless face 

Peter sighs with a smile and places the glass on the shelf again "Well, Tiny and I chose one of the most complex challenges... we needed to build an A.I. with prediction functions and we were able to use Routing, Java or even Python which by the way... the MIT course helped me so much with this... anyway, the system was..."

And yes, it was a great distraction for about seven minutes. Peter finishes with a quick air intake and then he unlocks the phone to see the time. Ned and I only stay silents when he jumps forward and leans to the computer. He clicks and clicks, he taps his right foot over and over but the click and the tap stop seconds later. Ned turns to me already frowning so I stand up, brush my clothes and step beside him.

"Uh... Peter?" I peak on the computer but I can't really see anything 

"I won..." he whispers watching the screen

"Oh my God! Dude!!!" Ned jumps to his feet and tackles Peter in a hug

I take the movement as a chance to look at the screen. The list of the challenge is there, the numbers of people who registered to participate: 3,091... and the names in the first place... Brian McKeever and Peter Benjamin Parker. 

"I won! I won! May, I won!!!!" he exclaims still immersed in the embrace

Oh. My boyfriend is so smart

I spin widely smiling at that boy. I'm so proud. It's a great scene, May runs to the room where Ned hugs Peter from his back and May embraces him. All with the same smile, they cheer sandwiching Peter as tight as possible, so I take steps to them and hug him from his left side, he leans his head in mine and the four start dancing and jumping with him. 

"I'm so proud, honey! Tannie, did you brought it?" May asks slightly pulling away from the bear hug

"Uhum!" I chirp and pull away to grab my backpack

"What? what you brought?" Peter asks in confusion

I open the zip and smile even more seeing the bottle. I take it out and show it to the boys who gasp at that.

"A very tough task carrying this inside... Apple cider to celebrate... and before you say anything, and I'm talking to you Peter... it has point five alcohol volume"

"This is so cool! let's celebrate dude!" Ned walks to his backpack and opens it "I brought what you told me May"

Peter spins with his arms still in the air "Why you bought things?"