81

Super amazing flashback brought to you by the War Machine doll that says "Eat vegetables!"

External POV

Monday, August 10, 2015

Maybe Midtown students enter their respective classes a little behind the schedule.

But Midtown students are quick as a cheetah when certain rumors are spread all over the place. For example, when Sue Lorman mistook the door and instead entered the boys' bathroom. Everyone knew and everyone talked. Then when Yasmin Monette kissed Kenneth Lim under the bleachers... Everyone knew and everyone talked. And those are not even skin-deep rumors that circulated the school, there are worst but not even one of them has Midtown students like this day.

First day of a new term. That's cool, everyone is excited to be with their friends again, to make a living hell for some teachers too but that's not it. No. This rumor is a juicy piece for sure, though, it's a rumor. The thing is that one day, on the previous week before the first day of classes, Josh Scarino had to bring some papers to the School Services, and he took the subway and met a girl there, or that's what he says, the thing is that when he was walking towards the structure he saw a 'kickass shiny black car that seemed like a limo but it wasn't a limo' parked outside. He tried to see inside but the tainted windows were stopping him, so he walked inside, nothing uncommon there until he arrived at the narrow hallway of School Services that connect to Principal Morita's office. What he saw was freaking Tony Stark, THE Pepper Potts and a young girl seated in one of the chairs. Josh Scarino knows the deal about the entertainment industry or whatever, he knows the Ironman shit, the CEO Potts as well and also the little heiress both had. Reasoning comes to his brain in a flash. The three of them are with Morita, in Midtown, a school designated for Science, exactly one week before classes start. HELLO! Their kid is coming to study at Midtown. 

The web started to string together since the moment Scarino walked back to his place. He spilled it to all of his friends because he's so popular, or he says that, his friends told their respective friends and so on. Some of them posted in the exclusive Midtown Facebook group, comments started increasing.

 Some of them posted in the exclusive Midtown Facebook group, comments started increasing

You can imagine the other 191 comments.

So the anticipation grew to the point everyone, indirectly pushed by the rumor, went that day with the best pair of shoes, ironed clothes, brushed hair and rehearsed smiles, phrases, and praises. The school day starts exactly at 7:30... no one missed it, full assistance since the doors opened. Some of them bitting their nails, whispering to each other that they can't be that indiscreet with the glances, others not really caring if they draw wholes in the poor girl, of course... if she even arrives.

7:26 -- Everyone started murmuring that the rumor was something stupid. That there's no possible way a Stark is going to study in Midtown. Still, they stayed outside pretending to be immersed in chat.