136

ONE WEEK LATER

Friday, February 23, 2018

"Okay, okay, this is a good one...Bill gates dies and you inherit all his money but you lose both your hands and there's no chance of replacements...  will you press the button?"

Peter leans forward and winces "How could you lose your hands?"

"I dunno, they chop them off of you once you sign the legal stuff?"

"Well... no, I wouldn't press the button" I state and take another spoonful of my ice cream "No way, hands are hands, you know?"

Ned clicks his tongue and also takes a spoonful of his ice cream "I mean, yes, I get it but you'll be rich and people will do stuff for you... why you need hands for?"

Grabbing Peter's pe-

"Uh, you know... writing and soldering stuff" I clear my throat deciding to shut up with another spoon of the creamy texture

"Yeah, man. Playing videogames? You forgot about that"

Ned sighs and stands up from the wooden bench "With that money I could actually design my own videogame that doesn't require hands... hear me out, Tannie, what do you use your hands for?"

Palming and gripping Peter's p-

"Uh.... I mean..." I slowly turn to look at a crimson red face of Peter and gulp "Uh, makeup..."

"You can hire a professional to do your makeup" Ned debates "Peter?"

"Yeah?!" he kind of screams "Uh?"

"What do you use your hands for?"

Probably to touch hims-

"Uh, you know... cooking..."

"Cooking?" Ned frowns "Cooking what?"

"...C-cereal and popcorn... just no, I wouldn't press the button"

"Fine" Ned spins and slumps again between Peter and me "I will press it so you better stick with me when I become handless"

I snort and bump my shoulder with his "Don't worry Ned, I'll be your right hand"

"And I'll be your left one" Peter joins with a chuckle

I jump to my feet and gesture Ned and Peter to give me their empty cups so I can trash them "I need something to drink, want something?"

"Mountain Dew, Please" Ned smiles

I nod at him and avert my eyes at Peter's eyes "You, handsome?"

"Uh..." he raises his head andbreathes in "What?"

"What do you want?"

"Like what?" he murmurs

"Something to drink? I'm going back to Target"

"Oh! Right, uh... Dry Canada, I mean, Canada Dry... please"

"You got it"

"Wait, let me give you some m-"

"By now you shouldn't be mentioning that. Don't move, ok?" I give a final squeeze to his shoulder and  step inside the glass doors behind the bench.

The AC hits my face making the light layer of sweat on my nape to feel cold and I move back to where the electric stairs are and I turn around to see Ned and Peter outside; both talking about something and my chest rapidly deflates, a string of air escaping my lips as I sigh and I rub my temple. Chill down, Tannie. Chill down.