146

4 days later

Friday, March 30, 2018

"You have those care giver journals?"

"Uh.... yeah, yeah. Right here"

"Good... the bottle? I can't find it"

"Let me s- aha! Here..." Peter slides the bottle to me and I nod taking it and shoving it inside the diaper bag "All's good?" he asks

"Yeah" I check for the millionth time and nod "We have everything"

"Cool! Then uh... should we go inside o-"

"Just wait" I shift the weight of my backpack and the diaper bag in my shoulder and walk in front of Peter but staring down at his chest "Final words..."

"Of course" he quickly smiles at me "Take your time, then it's my turn"

I pinch my lips seeing the brown plastic eyes and the chubby cheeks of Marie, I gently tug the pink onesie she's wearing and sigh "Nice meeting you and.... uh... sorry for putting you in a carton box for the first week of your life.... and sorry for last Monday when I had to lock you up in my bathroom but apart from that we had good times" I raise my eyes to Peter's "Right? I think she had fun with us...?"

"She had the most fun" he states with a firm nod "We're awesome"

"Glad I could be your teenage mom for a while," I tell the small plastic body in Peter's chest "There!" I sigh and chuckle "Done"

"Now me" Peter clears his throat and looks down at Marie "Sorry for the carton box too. I will never do that again with a real baby, I mean, it's not that you aren't a real baby but... there are some things in life you can't understand..." he winces and his nose scrunches "What I mean is that I had a great time with you" his fingers go to her petit features "Sorry about that blue paint covering your head and face.... you're so lucky your mom found those Tide wipes because then you would be a smurf, huh?" he chuckles looking back at me "Anyway uh.... next thing you'll be having other parents but hey... we were the best. Period"

"Awwww" I melt at his words and rub the side of his arm "That was cute, well then... it's time. Come"

We start walking from his locker to the auditorium, it takes us one minute to arrive at the wooden push doors and when we step in we see rows of chairs at the front and Morita moving folding tables with the help of Mr. Harrington and Mr. Dell, practically all Juniors are inside taking their seats, Ned waves and signs us to the first row with Cindy already seated by his left side. When we step in front I see MJ as well on the stage and she starts helping out with some storage boxes.

"Man... I had the time of my life with Hector" Ned mumbles to us "I learned so many things... do you know that they sleep an average of 5400 hours in the first year?"

"What???!" Peter asks with surprised eyes "No way..."

"Yeah way... that's the sweet life... you already said bye to my niece?"

"Uhum" Peter nods letting his hand fall on my leg "We said bye"

Cindy leans forward and hands Hector to Ned "Say bye to him too, guys... you're the aunt and uncle after all"

"Definitely" Ned nods and hands the baby to Peter's hands "Hector..." Ned softly warns "Say bye to your cousin Marie Mae too"

Peter gives me a side-glance and he bites a laugh "Uh... bye Hector... it was since being your uncle" he moves the small body near Marie on the chest carrier and he clears his throat "Bye, cousin...." he highly-pitches doing a fake baby voice "Bye, cousin Hector..." he does it again and I have to cover my lips to stop from snorting too loud "Shut up..." he whispers at me and hands me the baby "Now you say bye"