117

"There are a lot of facts you should know to pass the exam, okay? Let see... Rashed, care to tell me one fact about New Amsterdam around 1674?"

"Pssst. Pssst!"

The voice resonates in my ears and I turn my head to my left to see Ned. I jerk my head at him silently asking him what's wrong. He jerks it back and discreetly points his finger behind him. I frown as I look at where Peter is and... oh... he looks so cute. He's dozing off with his arms crossed on top of his chest, his thin blue sweater slightly falling from one of his shoulders, and his bottom lip popping out in a pout. I knew he shouldn't have stayed until four am and swing back all the way to his place.

I giggle while shaking my head and look back at Ned "Pass me his notebook, please" I whisper and Ned obeys and slides the open and untouched notebook from Peter's desk and hands it to me "Thanks, Ned... and uh..." I return my stare at Professor Dell and see how he is asking students to complement the last ideas for tomorrow's exam "Okay... do you have your sunglasses?" I whisper

Ned rapidly nods and rummages through his backpack, the tinted sunglasses his mom bought for him so he could read under the sun, and the ones he hates to wear, appear. Without saying something, I gesture him to spin and place them on Peter's face. Ned giggles but does it; carefully he slides them and with a final push on the bridge of the sunglasses, Peter's closed eyes are covered and it looks like he is paying attention.

"Okay... a final fact... let's see... Pet-"

"Oh!! Me!" I almost reach the level of screaming inside the classroom while raising my hand. I hear MJ's laugh by my right "I have a great fact we could use for the test"

Dell always likes how participative I am so he smirks and crooks his hand "Awesome, sharing is caring. Come on"

My eyes instantly skim the notes and I clear my throat "Right, uh... Prior to the American Revolution, George III was the subject of most of the Declaration of Independence, especially the massive section that begins with 17 instances of 'He has:', which list their many grievances with the monarch"

Dell throatily chuckles as he gives me thumbs up "Oh, oh, yes! That's...." he points at me "you all have to write that down... We have eight minutes before you're free from me. Let's keep going people! Thanks, Tannie"

I give a small smile and sigh while turning back to see Peter still soundly sleeping. The snap of a camera pops out and spot Ned taking pictures of an off-guard Peter. It's my time to 'pssst' at him he spins with a playful smirk and I say "You send them to me"

"You bet I will!"

--------------

"Here" I give Ned the flashcards "You know the color code"

"Uhummm, thanks Tans"

"Thanks for saving me with Dell"

I dart my eyes to the side of my locker and stare at Peter who has Ned's sunglasses hanging on the collar of his shirt "You're sleep-deprived, Parker"

"It's worth it"

I shove my textbooks in order for the next periods and hum "Not when it's Midterms season... oh, here... forgot about it. I copied two sets of notes so you don't fall behind. We were learning about the Boston Massacre" I hand him his thin notebook and he sighs "What?"

"You're so kind to me..." he shows me a pouty smile "And you're so pretty too"

I turn to face the dark space of my locker and smile "You're making me blush... Want to check the last flashcards before the test?"