97

Bushy black brows quizzically rise, the brown orbs show nothing more that curiosity, the mouth; slightly covered in a thick beard, twists at the sight of the products. I pinch my lips in a small smile and add the final product on top of the counter. The blue lid instantly catching Mr. Delmar's attention and he only frowns. 

"That's all?" he inquiries

"Uh, and one carrot juice, please. A tall one, please" I let out another smile while he spins and pours the freshly-squeezed juice on a foam cup

"Is Peter okay?"

"Oh yeah, he will be... uh, remember when we ate those street hotdogs? He ate two yesterday so now he has a very bad stomachache"

Mr. Delmar returns with the cup and hands it to me "I told ya that the price said it all... four hot dogs for one buck? Sounded fishy to me... tell him to come by later to say hi, ah?"

"Of course, Delmar"

"37" the cashier beeps as I hand him the cash and he thanks me still with an inquiring face. I leave the store and start walking towards his building, the morning's air feels lighter and cooler against my face. I shove all the things on my backpack except the juice as I sip it. I go inside the building passing by the man at the front desk who doesn't care to look up from his newspaper. I arrive a the floor and knock twice. The knob clicks open and May, with her pinky matching pj's smiles at me.

"Tannie Stark... come here"

"Morning May" I give her a kiss on the cheek and slide inside "Had fun yesterday?"

"So much fun. We watched movies and a great dinner" she sways to the kitchen and takes a mug "I returned at three am... I think I'm gonna take a nap, k?"

"Sure, sure... have some rest" I smile and walk in front of Peter's room "He's asleep, huh?"

"I can hear his snoring from my room. You two had fun?"

"So much fun" I chuckle at the memories "He danced like there was no tomorrow"

"That's my Peter" she giggles and slides inside her room

I grab the knob and twist it, the door slightly shrieking when I open it as I peek my head inside. He's still on the bed wrapped in the quilts, soft snores escaping his parted lips. I move deeper and close the door behind me as my backpack touches the floor near his bunk bed and I sip again from the juice cup. I start unpacking what I bought for him, sugar-free TUMS, a box of ibuprofen gel caps, and a bottle of orange breeze Pedialyte. I'm not really sure what is actually effective for a hangover or if he has one. Maybe he won't have one because of his super-healing? Who knows but it's better to prevent or whatever.

His mumbling echos in the room, I lift my eyes towards his still stiff body on the mattress and he softly and slowly stirs on it. His legs contract when he stretches and he rolls to his right side with another sigh. I look at my phone and see it's eleven am now. I stay there when he regains some consciousness, he rolls to the left side now and then flips to land on his stomach which is the breaking point for me as I dart my eyes away from his exposed and tone back and his curvy behind, the quilts sliding from him and I only look back at the colorful TUMS tablets.

"Mmmmgghhh" his voice appears stifled with his pillow "eh...what... mmmm"

I peek just a little seeing him pushing himself on the mattress and looking at his nightstand. I stay silent and look at how he grabs the phone on the surface and slumps again on the bed, he seems to be typing something until my phone on his desk vibrates and I see a text from him but his head snaps towards me and he flinches back with a squeal.