101

ONE WEEK LATER

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

A massive pressure starts creeping back to my ears and head, I feel the blood already turning hot in my forehead as I blink and stop reading again. My right palm touches my head and removes the pain for at least three minutes until I do it again. I smile once the sensation is gone and keep reading.

"You know... you can always read seated in a chair or resting in my bed... "

I smile and keep reading "This way's more sophisticated..."

"Right"

"I think I can play chess like this... I always wonder how you flip and flip and stick on the buildings upside down without having vertigo"

The thuds of steps appear against the wooden tiles that shriek just a bit and I sense his presence closer.

"And you wanted to try it by yourself... you've been like that for half an hour now"

A set of giggles escape as I fully close my book and return my eyes to the front. Peter's face is upside down, well... I'm actually upside down, I'm just seeing it the other way. I smile at him who's inverted smile appear seconds later.

"Hi!" I chirp

"I don't know how you put yourself in that position" he mutters between a smile "Literally..."

I frown and push my upper body as if I'm doing a crunch but without support on my back and I see my feet inside the tubular rail of the top bed keeping me steady while I return to hang down feeling my head's weight leading the way.

"This brings back memories, ah?"

"I still can't remember... Hey, now that I got you in a very still place... I need to ask you something"

"Fire up"

"Open your mouth"

My brow rises at him as I let my hand go back again to my forehead to dissipate the accumulation of blood in my head "Parker... what?"

He chuckles "Don't quirk your brow at me like that... it's not bad, I promise"

"I only quirk my brow one way"

"No, you have different ways of quirking your brow. I can make you a list"

"I'll consider that as a love letter... okay, I'll open my mouth but don't you dare put a bug o-"

"No! Oh god... no!" he laughs as he walks away leaving me to watch the inverted opened door "It's a surprise and you'll like it"

"Uhummm... okay" I throw the book to the bottom bed and see his body moving on the area of his desk, multiple things shuffling and drawers closing. Then, the dirty blue shirt appears in my inverted visual field and I try to see anything out of the ordinary "Is it food?"

"Nope..." he smiles and I see how his arms move, there's a metallic snap but I can't look down anymore, then he throws something away that lands on top of his desk and then there's a little white paper bag on his hand and he slowly opens that "Open your mouth..."

I snort but comply, I open my mouth and frown when he grabs a stick from that little bag. It looks like a giant cotton swab "Parker, what's tha-...?"

"Open up" he chuckles and gestures his own mouth for me to mimic it

I again open it and stare at his inverted face, then I feel the swab gently touching the inside of my cheek; it's an impulse to flinch back but the way I'm hanging down from his bunk bed helps very little for me to back away. It's cold to the touch and he moves to the other inside of my cheek, I feel how he flips the swab to the other side and repeats the swabbing. I gulp and he gives me a final smile and retracts the swab away. I stay silent, completely take off guard as I curiously notice how he delicately places it inside the bag again and he leans down to place a kiss on my temple.