100

A/N: I really want to cry, one hundred chapters. It means a lot to me and I'm very proud of what I've been writing. Thank you, reader. So so much and I hope I get better in each chapter. <3

One week later 

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

"Italian meatloaf"

"Uhu"

"Onion jam with pickles, without spicy mayo but with tomato pesto, please. And tell him it's for me because he always smushes it for me"

Ned winces "Dude, who likes smushed sandwiches?"

Peter pouts "Me..."

"The purpose of a sandwich is that you can enjoy the whole ingredients and feel the crunchiness!"

"Well, my tastebuds enjoy smushed sandwiches, especially Italian meatloaf ones..."

"If you say so" Ned sighs and smiles back to me "Tannie?"

"I know I've been asking you this a lot but... don't you want me to go with you?"

"Trust me, I get it. You need to help MJ with whatever project she has... a project that apparently doesn't need me... and I saw MJ's notes, it was a bunch like this... it seems you'll be there for a long time. I don't want my best friends passing out"

"Fine, then I'll have a roasted chicken with pickles and spicy mayo, please"

"Got it"

"...Hey... are you sure about the spicy mayo?" Peter softly smiles at me as I shift my backpack

"Yeah! I want something spicy"

"There's no milk here to aid you..." he mutters

It's as if the war memories flash inside my head. I can even feel the desperation of me running towards his fridge and snatching the milk bottle and hastily pouring some in a glass and choke on it... that happened multiple times.

I nod at Peter and turn back to Ned "Just... a pinch of spicy mayo, please Ned"

"Cool, cool... I'll get something for me too. I'll be back with our food and start working on the science worksheets. I'll text you when I get back"

With multiple 'thanks' exchanged, Peter and I spin in our heels and start walking towards the library; the empty halls of Midtown look wider without the screaming people. 

"Hey, what would happen if a weird mist starts forming outside and we need to stay inside?"

I look back at him and smirk at his scenario "So that's why you've been quite thoughtful this day, huh?"

He lols his head back at me and shrugs "I've been planning a good strategy if that ever happens"

"Well, I'll definitely let the food to you" I state earning a soft gasp form him "What?"

"You will sacrifice eating food for me?!"

"For you, yes! I can consume different stuff around here... And we can agree that you and I are moody when we don't eat but... you are moodier than me"

"I'm so not!"

I stop blinking "You want to wait until 8 pm to eat?"

Peter tuts his tongue "Uh-uh, I despise not being able to eat"

"My point exactly..." I chuckle as we turn left to the lonely hall and the library doors appear at the end of it "I'm pretty sure that in an apocalyptic case you and I would be the best couple to survive it" With another giggle, I push the crash bar in the door but Peter blocks the way and one of his sloppy smiles materializes in his face