140

Sunday, March 11, 2018

"I don't get it, soup or not soup?"

A smile creeps in my face as I turn to look at Peter inside the wagon "I think it can be considered soup"

"Right????" he agrees with me "It's like, who said soup has to be only warm broths?"

"Do you think someone has done a thesis about it?" I ask him

Peter tilts his head as he hums "Uhhmm... probably? Titled, Why cereal must be considered soup"

"I would like to read it. The arguments must be on point. If you think about it, it's a revolutionary thesis"

He snorts, gripping tighter the tube on the ceiling "I know. Cereal is a hybrid of dessert soup and breakfast....wait" he frowns "What if there's no thesis at all and you and I right now are the ones having this idea and it happens to be our gift to the world?"

"It's a possibility" 

"Yeah!" he chuckles "We are the ones saying that sugary cereal is a soup when you mix it with milk.... imagine how they will talk about us. Queens' teens have an epiphany right in the middle of the subway before stepping out to Woodhaven station"

I bite a laugh again at how I'm not bored at all each time we're talking, even if it's about cereal considered or not to be soup. The train comes to a stop and we are already in front of the sliding door. We walk out to the crisp and slightly humid air of the day and we walk down to the exit stairs. I wait for Peter in the street, he carefully grips the rail with the baby carrier attached to his chest and Marie's stiff body inside.

"I think we should tell Ned about our brain baby" he says joining my side and slipping his hand with mine "He'll be mindblown"

"Imagine his mom one day walking to the kitchen and asking him what's he's preparing and he casually says 'Oh, some soup mom' and then he pours Lucky Charms with milk"

"I'll pay to see his mom's face" he giggles and looks down "oh, my phone just vibrated, can you see who is?"

"Jup" I move my hand to his pocket and quickly turn on the screen "Message from Ned, he's already getting out of his apartment"

"Cool, then let's go"

We continue our walk all the way through Woodhaven Blv talking mainly about my preparations for the SATs, the date for me to present it was sent to me yesterday at noon, April 9. Much to Peter saying I shouldn't be taking the SATs so soon I think it's better because then I won't be stressing about it at Senior year...... whoa, Senior year.

"I'm just saying that you don't need a calculator"

"What if I panic?" I shrug "Can't risk it"

"Panic? Yeah, right and I'm not prone to be awkward"

"Guuuuuys!!" Ned's screams can be heard from the block where his building is

We pull back our attention upfront, few people walking by and Ned cheerily waves his hands in the air, wearing a light blue open shirt with his jeans. He jogs back to the entry stairs of his building to take the car seat with his baby inside and the diaper bag from the floor; at that, Peter and I snort. Ned taking care of a baby will always be interestingly funny for us.

"Bro" Peter smiles slapping his hand with Ned's to do their handshake "Ready for today?"

"Sooooo ready" Ned walks to my right side pulling me to his side to give me a hug "Excited, Tans?"

"Yeah, I am. A new world to discover" I snort at him as we start walking down the street "Do you want me to carry the diaper bag for you? I have Marie's too"