130

10k word count (maybe I went too far...? I don't know, I was emotional. Enjoy!)

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

"Stop touching that ribbon...!"

"Why'"

"You'll wrinkle it"

"I won't... can I uncork this?"

I huff and stop shoving my notebooks in my backpack, the only sign I give him is a death stare "Harley..."

"Fiiiine... Jesus... I'm hungry and this looks awesome"

"So it's a good gift, right?"

"Hell yes. Here, take it... mom says I'm bad at handling glass stuff"

I'm so fast to snatch the gift away from his hands, Harley chuckles at my scared face "You should've said that since the beginning!" I squeal at him

"Ah, I wanted to see your reaction... so, where's Parker?"

"His place. Last night he told me he was going to skip the first three periods"

"To...?"

"He also told me not to ask any further" I close my locker's door and Harley's eyes instantly land on the new red package in my spare hand, like a child, he leaps to take it but I dodge his hands "No, this is secret..."

"I thought I was your gift advisor, Stark" he states so I reluctantly hand him the package and he chirps, he starts shaking it "Nothing moves... is it empty?"

"No, it's not your head, Keener" A sudden smack hits the top of my head and I loudly gasp but my breathy giggles are silenced with the tumultuous noises in the hallway "Harley!!"

"Looks like your head is empty as well... didn't hear anything when I hit it"

"Oh, just go with Winnie... she is certainly the most patient person in the world"

"My mom says the same thing... hey, have fun today, ok?" he returns the smaller package with a pat on my arm, he spins and starts walking backwards to his next class "With fun, I mean a lot of fun... just remember, it will be sweeter if you wrap your Peter..."

Wha.... 

"HARLEYYYY!!" I shout at him but his body is already fading behind walking students, I huff out a snort and start organizing both packages inside my backpack carefully placing the ribbon in a way it won't wrinkle

I decide to finally go to my second period, Calculus. I find Ned and MJ already inside and internally pout at the sight of one empty seat by my right; Ned is great at making conversation about the new movies that will be released this year and then the lesson commences.

                          sin^2x + cos^2x= 1

cos2x= cos^2x - sin^2x

Oh God, what if he had a hypersensitivity shock? It could be, right? He hasn't had one since a long time... maybe he's there at his bed covered in sweat and agonizing in pain while I'm here caring more about giving him some gifts and-

"Stark.... hey, Stark"

"Uh?" I stop my train of not so great thoughts and spin back to see MJ "Yeah?"

"Can I see your notes? I couldn't catch the instructions for exercise three"

I absentmindedly grab my notebook from the desk and hand it to her "Sure, here..."

"Thanks... hey, Leeds told me about today. One year thing with Parker"

"Oh, yes. Yeah, one year" Even if the worry in my chest is constant, I smile at the thought