122

This is for @Loki_Loves_Peter that is having a hard time so... why not another chapter so you can read it after finishing your hw ?? Thanks for reading y'all sending you the best vibes

Monday, December 25, 2017

Sleep inertia is a bitch.

I know, I know. Not the best phrase to start Christmas Day but it is absolutely true.

My groan can be heard through all the Residential part of the Facility. My slippers scuffle against the floor while I languidly sway to the kitchen to repeat the usual routine of preparing my breakfast. Also, waking up super early due to the habit on school days is a bitch.

I squint my eyes as hard as I can to remove any grogginess left from my brain, my hands automatically search the handle on the fridge and proceed with the usual. It takes me ten minutes to have everything ready in front of me so I slump on the stool and take a spoonful.

"So early and you're making my stomach churn"

I hum as I swallow "Oatmeal can be disgusting depending on how it's prepared..."

"Did you put chocolate in it? Cream? Honey? A bag of sugar to give it a kick?"

"I smashed a banana and a bit of vanilla"

My dad, with his brown bed-hair and messy pajamas, gives me a serious deadpan "That doesn't help but your choices are your choices..."

"That's smart" I snort "How was the party when I left?"

"Ow, it went down. Everybody missed you" he mutters as he fills the coffee pot with water "Nah, that's not true. It was still boring"

"It was not boring"

My eyes search for my mom, her sleeping pants swoosh with her swaying steps, her hair is perfectly slicked back into a ponytail and her smile widens when she spots me. She runs and kisses my shoulder.

"Morning, baby. Ooooh, oatmeal! Did you use the vanilla drops?"

"Yeap, I love Vanilla drops"

"I believe I'm the only one with tastebuds here" my dad mentions while my mom detaches herself from my arm and walks to him "Hi"

"Hi..." she gives him a kiss and frowns at him "Uh... nice hair"

"Thanks!" he smirks "I just woke up"

My mom drums the counter with her fingers as she slightly jumps "So.... I was thinking... What if we ordered food and just hang out?"

"Like a dinner?" I ask taking another bite

"Uhm... more of a lazy Christmas dinner"

"Sounds like me" my dad adds "Want coffee?"

"Please" she returns her eyes to me "What do you think, baby?"

"I second the motion," I say quickly earning a cheerful smile out of her

"If I remember correctly, last year I had to go to China"

"Yeah, for the Kuriyama case..." my mom nods "And I had to control the case from here... wait..." she frowns at me "Where were you that day?"

"With Happy, May, and Peter"

She sighs "Oh God, that's great. I thought for a minute you spent the day alone. But we are here and we can watch TV or movies... mmm?"

"I'll finish this..." I point to my breakfast "Then I have to go out for a bit but when I come back I can help you ordering the food?"