112

---------------

---------------

There are millions of possibilities in our lives. A woman can stop walking to get a dime from the pavement and maybe... just maybe, that happened to save her life from being crushed by a falling ladder, perhaps then a man approached her to ask her if she was alright and just maybe if we stretch the causality... they agree to grab a coffee someday. You get where this is going? What would have happened if that woman never crouched to get that dime? I'm telling you, millions of possibilities.

The thing is that it's tricky. Fate? Call it as you wish but let's be honest, decision making even the smallest details will always create underlying patterns, interconnectedness... maybe the consequences, good or bad, will only be visible with distance. It's tricky, told you.

"Small changes in the initial conditions lead to drastic changes in the results"

The What If's

What if Hydra did reemerge and kept captive a singular pair of twins just to use them when they pleased?

What if that little mind game a certain 'witch' did to the team... was never done?

What if Ultron was never created?

What if that celebration party went through without problems?

What if the Avengers did assemble to take out Hydra, they succeded, the enhanced twins were taken away, the battle at Sokovia never happened, a certain green and angry man never went away... therefore... no accords.

Therefore... no team division and the search for a metal-armed soldier is still on but without much results.

-------------

2016

With careful steps and balanced arms, Tannie Stark makes her way to the new rooms installed on the last floor of the huge Facility. She doesn't hesitate to do it, her usual routine consists of going upstairs to see if everything is ok. When she reaches the floor she smells the pine-scented fragrance that wraps the whole floor and she starts walking to the two doors at the end of the hall. The dark wooden doors are placed near each other and she knows better than to knock on the one on the right. She decides to go first to the left one and she knocks three times waiting for a reply.

"Come in!!" the exclaim pops behind and she grabs the metal knob and pushes the door

"Hey..." she softly talks peaking on the very tidy and lighted room

"Ah!! My savior! The wisest person on the planet!" the thick and prominent accent comes out making her snort

"Sure, keep the compliments going" she mentions and shows the tray on her arms "This new chef is making food for a whole army... got you a lot of things"