•10•

Just as the past months did, November flew by and they had turned the corner on December. Which also meant that Taehyung, Jin and Namjoon would be coming home for winter break. They were supposed to be arriving back in Seoul on the 14th, which was 1 week away, and they would be staying for 3 weeks.

So of course, that was all Jungkook could think about, even though semester finals were this upcoming week. But he only had a few classes which meant only a few finals. And one of his finals was just a solo dance number that they had been assigned to perfect in the past month.

Taehyung had of course planned to stay with him at his house. He said he didn't wanna stay by himself in his own home, and wanted to spend as much time as possible with Jungkook before he had to leave again. Jungkook was just too fucking excited.

But then he got the call.

"Tae, what do you mean you can't come?"

"I- I'm sorry. I guess when I booked my flight back to Seoul. I didn't book it to go to Seoul. It was a flight to some random country in South America. I don't know. So I tried to switch over to the Seoul flight but it's already full. And most other flights to Seoul are fully booked too. So I have to wait until either a spot opens up...or another flight is scheduled." Taehyung explained, his voice was full of both frustration and sadness.

"Tae...wh- so we won't be able to see eachother?" Jungkook heard a soft 'no' come from the other end.

Jungkook let out a heavy sigh and sunk down in his desk chair. Tae had called right when Jungkook got back into his dorm room coming from class. Jungkook put the phone on speaker and placed it on the desk, so he could put his face in his hands. Upset would be an understatement for how he was feeling right now. But at the same time it was one word that could wrap it all up too.

"Kookie?" Tae's voice rang through the phone, sounding concerned. "Are- are you okay?"

"No I'm not okay." Jungkook tried to sound affirmative, but his voice cracked a little. He didn't wanna let Taehyung hear that he was on the verge of tears. "I've been looking forward to this since...since the second you left! And now you just- you tell me you're not- you're not coming? Of course I'm not fucking okay."

The other line was quiet. "I'm sorry, Jungkook."

"I- I know." Jungkook quickly responded. Suddenly the lump in his throat was burning and the tears brimming his eyes were threatening to spill. He couldn't hold either of them down any longer. He just let it out. "I'm just- I'm upset Tae."

Taehyung could instantly hear the sadness in his voice and could tell he started crying. "Baby...wait no. Baby please don't cry."

"I can't help it. I miss you. I miss you Tae. I just wanna hold you. And kiss you. But I- I can't. And it's...it's driving me fucking crazy."

"I miss you too Kookie." He heard Tae sigh. "And if I could I would be on the first plane out of here to get to you. But-"

"But you can't. Yeah I get it." Jungkook poked his tongue to the inside of his cheek and wiped at the wetness under his eyes and on his cheeks.

"Jungkook, please don't be mad at me. I'll make it up to you. I promise."

"No Tae. The only way you could make it up to me is by being here. By coming home."

The line went silent again before Tae spoke softly. "I- I have to go, I'll talk to you later okay? Jungkook. I love you."

The younger sighed and ran a hand through his cherry red hair. "I...I love you too."

The phone call ended a couple seconds later. As soon as it did, Jungkook dropped his head down onto his desk with an elongated groan. The tears sprang back into his eyes. He found himself getting up and walking to his bed, then plopping down on it. Jungkook didn't have anymore classes that day so he decided he'd cry himself into a nap and just sleep away the sadness. At least until whenever Jimin came back from wherever he was being loud and obnoxious as usual.

• • •

About an hour or so later, Jungkook had woken up. But he didn't get up. He just laid there on his bed staring idly at the wall.

Not too long after he woke up, he heard the door open and then close a couple seconds later. He knew it was just Jimin so he didn't bother turning around to look at the older but substantially shorter boy.

"Kook. You up?"

"I can tell you're awake."

"Turn around you little shit."

Jungkook still didn't turn around, but he at least gave Jimin a grunt in response.

He heard Jimin huff out a breath of frustration. Then he heard his small footsteps coming over to his direction. Then he felt something weigh down one side of his bed, shortly followed by Jimin popping his head around so that they could see eachother.

"Jimin leave me alone. I'm not in the mood right now." He grumbled.

"Why not?" Jimin asked him, almost sounding concerned but Jungkook could still kinda hear a pinch of amusement in his voice.

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"Hm, fine." Jimin got off of his bed and then walked back towards his own. "Well I brought you back something. But I guess if you're not in the mood..."

"No thanks. You can just keep it for yourself."

Jimin looked towards his "gift" and laughed. So did the gift, but Jungkook was too zoned out to hear the familiar giggle.

Jungkook just frowned at the wall. Starting to think about why he was upset in the first place, he felt his eyes start to water up again.

Jimin heard the boy sniffle a few times and realized what was going on. He scoffed, "Kook are you crying? Geez, remind us never to prank you again."

Jungkook didn't really register what Jimin had said. He could hear some more shuffling going on behind him. He felt the weight same weight on his bed again and was about to turn around and politely tell Jimin to fuck off. So he turned to face the boy sitting on his bed. And that's when he saw him, sitting there with that big boxy smile and bright eyes.

"Surprise."