•38•

Taehyung tried to control his breathing as he stared down at Jimin, not breaking eye contact. "You...you and Jungkook? You like- are you serious?"

Jin stayed quiet, figuring that it wasn't really his place to talk right now. Jimin knew he had to say something, but he couldn't figure out the right words. "Tae, it wasn't anything like that, it was careless. It didn't mean anything."

"Spare me the bullshit. Yes or no?"

"...yes."

Taehyung nodded, a bitter smile appearing on his face. He let out a breathy laugh of disbelief. "Why? Why would you do that?"

"I...I don't know, it felt like a good idea at the time but I regret it, Tae, I- I swear."

"If you regretted it you wouldn't have fucked him four more times." Taehyung took in a deep shaky breath, unraveling more and more each time he spoke. "Do Yoongi and Hobi know about this."

Jimin slowly nodded, "Yoongi found out by himself and then told Hobi. So that's why they haven't really been speaking to either of us."

"I don't blame them." Tae scoffed, "I can't believe you. That- that's like the one thing you don't fucking do. You're supposed to be my best friend."

"I- I still am."

"No, no you're not. Best friends- best friends don't go sleeping around with their friend's ex, who they still haven't even gotten over yet!"

Jimin stood up off the bench. "Wha-Well I figured you were! Every time we talked you said you were doing better and then you started talking about Hyungsik, your boyfriend."

"That doesn't mean I'm just gonna forget everything I went through with Jungkook."

"So- so what? You're just using Hyungsik? I'm pretty sure it's not healthy to be in a relationship if you're in love with someone else."

"What? I- I'm not using anyone!" Tae tilted his head and squinted his eyes at the shorter boy, then he held out the two ice cream cones in his hands towards Jin. "Jin, take these before I smash them over his fucking head." He stared Jimin down and then after doing the math in his head, he came to his conclusion. "You like him don't you?"

Jimin was quiet at first, but then shrugged. "Maybe. But it shouldn't matter."

"Why the hell wouldn't that matter?"

"Because I wasn't even going to act on those feelings. I've been putting them to the side ever since they started. Cause I knew it would hurt you."

"Oh I think having sex with Jungkook achieved that just fine."

"Look, Tae, I'm sorry. I really am. I wish I never did anything with him in the first place. But also, I- I can't control how I feel. Okay, I wish..I wish I could. But also, you can't control what Jungkook feels either. N-not saying that he feels anything for me, cause I don't think he does. But if he did, you don't have the right to say who he can and can't be with."

"Oh please I know I don't. He can make his own decisions and frankly, if it was anyone else Jungkook hooked up with, literally anyone. I would be happy for him. I'd be glad he's moving forward." Tae lied, but continued anyway. "But it's not just anyone, it- it's YOU Jimin. You were one of my best friends. You and Jin, more than anyone, know how much he means to me! Yes, so what if I still love him? We only broke up like 6 months ago, you can't expect me to just stop?!"

Tears began welling up in Tae's eyes, but he fought the feeling back and wiped them away before they even got a chance to fall. Jimin had no more to say after that, he just put his head down and stuck his hands in his pockets.