•24•

Jungkook and Jimin were on campus, sitting outside at a picnic table, doing their homework. Well, Jungkook was doing homework. Jimin was gnawing on the edge of his pencil, bitterly staring at all the couples walking by. It seemed like everyone had some type of gift in their hands. Balloons, chocolates, stuffed animals.

He rolled eyes and scoffed, "Love is for suckers."

Jungkook looked up from his assignment and frowned. "I don't know, I think it's kinda nice."

"I don't need it. I don't need the gifts, or the attention, or...or the hugs, and t-the kisses...or the- fuck I do need it. I can't do this. I don't even know how to be single." Jimin put his head down, resting it on his notebook. "I officially hate Valentine's Day."

"Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember you saying that you absolutely love Valentine's Day last year." The younger said with a smug look on his face. Jimin rolled his eyes in return.

"Well that was last year. When I was in a relationship. You know, the one that I got thrown out of like a rag doll." Jimin propped his face up on his hand. "I don't know why you're so relaxed. You're just as single as I am."

Jungkook put his pencil down and shrugged. "Well because, just cause me and Tae...didn't work out, doesn't mean that love isn't real. Everything that we felt was still very real. And you know I've realized? Soulmates don't always end up together. Maybe in a perfect world they do, but this world is nowhere near perfect. So all relationships aren't gonna be perfect either."

"The fuck? When did you become a love expert?"

"I don't know, I've just been watching a lot of talk shows lately. You know, like The View and The Talk. More guys should really watch them, they give some great advice on there. And don't even me started on the dramaaa" He then picked his pencil back up and continued to  do his work.

Jimin hummed in thought, then fell quiet for a minute or two. All of sudden, he slapped his hand down on the table, making Jungkook physically jump in surprise. Then the older boy stated with a smile on his face. "We should go out tonight."

Jungkook choked on his own spit. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Let's go out to like a bar or something?"

After letting out a short and awkward chuckle, Jungkook, unsure of what Jimin meant, asked, "D-do y0u mean like...on a date?"

Fear flashed across Jimin's face and that translated to him literally gagging. "What the fuck? Ew. No. Don't flatter yourself Romeo."

"Oh, haha, my bad."

"Yeah it is your bad." Jimin huffed and ran a hand through his hair. "Anyways, I was saying, we should go to a bar or a club or something. As friends. We can get drunk and maybe even find a one night stand..." Jimin said the last part while wiggling his eyebrows.

But Jungkook was unsure about the idea. "Yeah, I don't know Jimin. I don't think I'm a one night stand kinda guy. And besides, how would I even get in? I'm not 19 yet."

"I know people Jungkook. My fake ID guy can literally get you one by lunch time."

"And how the hell do you know all these people?"

"My aunt. But that doesn't matter. Do you wanna go or not?"

Jungkook thought about it. A night of fun wouldn't be that bad. He really needed it anyways. But the whole one night stand thing? He wasn't really up for it. So he convinced himself that he would just go to have a good time and make sure Jimin didn't do anything stupid. "Sure. I'll go."