•19•

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!"

Those words fell upon deaf ears, as Jungkook's could only really hear this constant ringing that was slowly getting louder and louder. It wasn't until Taehyung completely disappeared out of his sight, that Jungkook actually got hit with the reality of what just happened. He stood there in the middle of the crowd, people were bumping into him, dancing up against him. They were either oblivious to how he was clearly feeling, or they literally just didn't care. And he couldn't blame them. This night was supposed to be fun for everybody, who was he to stop everyone else from having that.

Now Jimin, who just saw Tae leave, quickly found Jungkook. "Dude, what just happened? Why did Tae leave?" When he didn't get a response, Jimin grabbed a hold of the other boy's shoulder. "Jungkook, what happened??"

That's when the first tear of the night rolled down Jungkook's face. And he looked at Jimin, then back over to where he last saw Tae. "W-we...we broke up."

Jimin stared at him in disbelief before sighing and running a hand through his hair. "fuck..." Then he grabbed Jungkook's arm and dragged him off of the dance floor. On the way, he also grabbed Yoongi, who grabbed Hoseok. When they got to the couch that Namjoon and Jin were sitting at, Jimin sat Jungkook down and only had to say "they broke up" for the rest of them to understand what was going on. The next thing he did was run outside, his goal being to find his best friend.

"Tae! Where are you?!" He called out as he looked around the nearly empty street. He caught a glimpse of someone sitting on the curb a little ways down, and from the looks of it, they had blue hair. They weren't a lot of people with blue hair around here, so Jimin could easily put two and two together.

He jogged over to where Taehyung was and then sat down right next to him. Tae was too busy focusing on his phone to notice Jimin sitting there. He was trying to order an Uber but his vision was too damn blurry, both from tears and the fact that he was still tipsy.

Jimin slowly eased his hand onto his shoulder and Tae jumped at the slight touch. He looked over and saw Hoseok friend and he just let the the tears fall freely down his face. "Jimin...Jimin we- he- I fucked up."

"Shh. You don't have to talk about it right now. Come here." Jimin pulled Taehyung into a tight embrace. He was drunk too but the situation kind of sobered him up a little. Right now his heart was breaking at the sight of Tae's heart doing the same.

After consoling him a little longer, Jimin pulled out his own phone, "Here, I'll call an Uber. We can stop by his house to get your stuff, then we'll go to yours, okay?" Jimin definitely wasn't gonna let Tae be alone tonight, he knew what happened when Taehyung reached low point like this.

Taehyung sniffled and wiped at his nose. He didn't have the energy to come up with a plausible response, so he just nodded and watched as Jimin ordered the ride from his phone.

• • •

Back inside the party, Jungkook was sitting on the couch next to the Joon, Jin, Hobi, and Yoongi, who collectively didn't really know what to say. Jungkook just sat there, looking empty and deflated, his head resting in his hands.

Yoongi, who was sitting right next to him, put a hand on Jungkook's shoulder. "Kook, you're gonna be okay. I know it probably hurts right now but...but that's life. Everyone gets their heart broken at least once."

"Yeah," Hoseok chimed in, "My mom told me she had seven boyfriends before she met my dad, and they all broke up with her. But she kept it moving and eventually found my dad. But then they got divorced...then she got remarried....twice. But now she's single again...and she said she doesn't wanna rush into anything and wants to find a guy who'll treat her right. But...you know honestly I'm starting to think my mom is the problem."