•29•

• • •

• • •

Jungkook sat on his bed, staring down at his phone. That text was sent hours ago, he should've known Tae wouldn't respond to him. Namjoon had told him what Taehyung said. How he was beating himself up over this Seojoon guy's death. And also how Tae was regretting answering the call from Jungkook.

So yeah, it was expected that Tae would be more hesitant with him, maybe even vengeful. Jungkook couldn't blame him, if the roles were reversed then he could totally see himself having some sort of resentment towards Tae as well.

He read over the text he sent one more time just to make sure he said the right thing, then his eyes drifted up towards Tae's contact picture, smiling softly at it. And yeah Taehyung's contact name was still the same as when they were together. He never had the heart to change it. Just like he never had the heart to get the rest of his tattoo removed. Taehyung's named was still written on him, and he didn't think that was gonna change anytime soon.

Jungkook sighed and then tossed his phone to the side on his bed. Just then, Jimin came through the door of their room. Tomorrow morning they were leaving for their beach trip with everyone else, so they were gonna pack together tonight, Jungkook was just waiting for him to come back.

He walked over to Jungkook's bed and sat down next to him. "So, I just got off FaceTime with Tae."

"You did? What did-...how's he doing?"

"It's been a few days so he's not as bad as he was before. He's getting better but of course he's still really upset. I mean, it's not something anyone can just get over in a week, y'know?"

Jungkook nodded, "Yeah of course, I know. I just, you know, I just want to make sure he's okay...mental health wise. I know we broke up, but I- I don't know what I would do if Taehyung ever hurt himself in the slightest, let alone do...that. I couldn't live with myself."

"Yeah I get it, I'm the same way with him." Jimin twiddled his small thumbs together in his lap. "I always check up on him every now and then to be sure. I know I can't be there in person but I trust Jin with him. And more importantly I trust him enough to know that he's gotten better at not letting himself get into dark corners like that anymore. And I'm proud of him for that."