•36•

a/n: teehee

oh and thank everyone for the birthday wishes the other day💜this has been my best birthday in a while🥰

"So how is the food everyone?" Jungkook's mom asked the other three people at the table.

"It's great, just as I remembered." Taehyung smiled at the woman.

Jungkook hummed in agreement. "Yeah mom, you really outdid yourself this time."

"Oh honey, I always outdo myself." She flipped her hair back with her hand, "I'm the only one who can."

"You got that right." Mr. Jeon complimented her with his mouth full of rice, making his wife scowl at him.

"Sometimes I can't tell if you're purposely trying to annoy or if you really are like this. I've been asking myself this for 25 years now and I still don't know."

Mr. Jeon swallowed the food in his mouth. "You knew what you were getting into before you even said I do. Don't act brand new."

His wife just shook her head and continued eating. The conversation ceased for a couple minutes while everyone continued eating the meal Mrs. Jeon prepared for them. Jungkook was sitting next to his dad while his mom sat next to Taehyung on the other side of the table.

Jungkook kept stealing glances up at Taehyung, hoping he didn't catch him looking. He was currently thinking of a way to get him to stay here a little longer after dinner. You know that feeling when you're around somebody and their presence just makes you happier? That's how Jungkook always felt around Tae, so he didn't want him to leave just yet. But his dad was about to make that task even more difficult.

The older man took a sip of water from his glass. Then cleare his throat. "Y'know. I'm really glad you're here Taehyung."

"I'm glad to be here sir." Tae politely responded, smiling at him.

Then Mr. Jeon continued. "I mean, Jungkook here, you should've seen him! That week before he went back to school after winter break, not a day went by where he didn't cry like a newborn baby. It broke my wife's heart. But he's better now, so I'm just glad you too worked things out and got back together."

...

"What the hell Junghyun?" Jungkook's mother kicks her husband in the shin underneath the table, making him gasp.

"W-What I do?"

Jungkook put his head down in his hands, feeling extremely embarrassed and also trying to hide how red his cheeks got.

Taehyung laughed nervously. "Um, Jungkook and I, we're actually not back together. I just came over for dinner."

"Oh...well that's news to me."

"What do you mean news?" Mrs. Jeon frowned at him. "No one told you otherwise."

"I told you I need a god damn dementia test woman. Don't come for me."

• • •

No more than 30 minutes later, Taehyung had just saying his goodbyes to Jungkook's parents. He went up to Jungkook to do the same but before he could, the younger boy spoke first.

"Wait, um, before you go. I have something to show you."

Tae did a quick tilt of his head, showing that he was unsure. "I don't know, I already called my ride. It'll be here soon."