Aizawa Shota x Reader

(Short drabble)

I look out of the window, excited for what I know is about to come. Dark clouds were gathered in the sky, looming and heavy with rain. Gentle thunder rumbles in the distance.

The early evening felt charged with electricity when I had been out earlier.

I curl up in the window seat, waiting for the storm to start. Lazy thunderstorm days were my favourite. They always sent shivers down my spine, giving me a sweet serenity that I usually don't feel.

The rain begins to patter down. The trees begin to sway in the wind.

An arm moves in front of me, setting down a cup of tea as Aizawa Shota sits down on the opposite side of the window seat.

I smile absentmindedly, still staring out the window.

"You have that faraway look in your eyes again," he comments. "You always have a look of contentment when it comes to watching storms."

I nod, choosing to remain silent. I usually prefer not to talk, and I know that Shota appreciates it. It's a good change from who he usually hangs around.

He goes silent, too. The only sound that filled the air was the rain, thunder, and the sipping of tea.

I shiver, listening to the thunder rolling. I hold my teacup, feeling a little cold.

Aizawa gets up, bringing a large blanket over from the couch. He drapes it over both of us. I smile at him, then at all the little kittens on it, before turning back to the window.

I'm really happy to watch the storm with him. It's rare that someone would invite me to join them, but Shota wanted to be rid of his louder friends for the day, and I had helped him grade papers earlier. We have an understanding that both of us enjoy silence, and therefore each other's company.

In all, I'm at peace. Drinking tea, curled up under a fuzzy blanket. Next to a person that I understand, and understands me.

I don't even notice when the rain and thunder lull me to sleep, leaning against one of the pillows.