Todoroki Shotō x Reader

(Tried to write smut. Failed so miserably. Here's some completely self indulgent Todoroki fluff that I wrote instead of the requests I have.)

I groan, snuggling closer into the warmth. Shotō must have come home late last night.

It's been rough the past month or so. He's been working night patrols, while I've worked morning and evening shifts in the veterinarian clinic, in order to make more money. The tiny apartment we share is fine, but the both of us agree that we dislike that it's far from our jobs.

I yawn, shivering as I burrow closer.

"Is the AC broken again?" A low morning voice greets me. I shrug, my legs twining with his. His arms tangle around my waist, holding me close to him. "I'll protect you."

I smile at his cuddly behavior, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Thank you so much," I hum. "You're my hero, Shotō."

"Hmmn," Shotō rumbles. "More like your portable heating and cooling unit."

"God I love you," I shake my head. How dare he make jokes! Far too cute.

"I love you, too, Y/n." His lips brush my forehead.

"Thanks, Mr. Hero."

Shotō lets out a huff of a laugh. It's music to my ears, and I smile. "How was work last night, Sho?"

"Boring."

"Why's that?"

"Nothing much happened. I just walked around and did paperwork." His head rests back on the pillow, above my head. "How was your work?"

"Not too bad. I only got bit once."

"What did you do that made it angry?"

"I didn't do anything," I hit the back of his head lightly. "The puppy was playing."

"Likely story."

I pout, blowing a raspberry in his neck. This never ceases to amuse me. A squeal escapes his throat.

"Don't do that! It's so weird," the laughter in his voice eggs me on.

"Awe, come on Sho, play with me."

Hands tickle at my sides. "Careful, I'll get you back."

I laugh lightly, "Okay, okay! I won't do it anymore."

His arms wrap back around my waist, keeping me cuddled into him. The soft fabric of his shirt brushes against my hand as I rub his upper back, a sigh escaping him. The two of us relax into one another, happy for this moment.

Then my stomach growls, and both of us erupt into giggles.