Todoroki Children x Reader

My roommate pulls me by the hand. "Please!"

Fuyumi gives me a smile, and I cave in. We've been roommates for two years now, since I graduated and she moved away from her father.

I grab my phone, calling Todoroki Shotō and telling him to come over. I was his upperclassman for two years.

He agrees. That was easy enough.

Then I hesitate, hearing Fuyumi invite Natsuo over to help her.

"Are you sure you want... him to come?" I whisper the words.

"Of course! We can sneak him in through the fire escape. And Shotō will keep the secret." Fuyumi gives another smile, happy to see her family.

I'm a little jealous, to be honest. My family consists of a cat and a couple friends.

Of course, her brothers were really all she had, and one of them was an ex-villain.

I had met him about three years ago, when he and I had hit it off. I was homeless at that point, since my parents had kicked me out. I didn't know who his father was. I later applied and got into the UA Support Course, and moved in with a friend.

He and I maintained contact, all this time. I even developed a type of glove for his quirk, to protect his arms from further scarring.

Still, I was weary about how his family would react. Fuyumi and Natsuo were alright, but Shotō was skeptical from the start.

I text Dabi.

Me: Hey your sister wants you to come help her make chocolates for Valentine's day. No exceptions.

Dabi: why

Me: Because she wants to have the most important people in her life here for her

Dabi: do i have to

Me: You get to eat chocolate

Dabi: eh

Me: We have Doritos.

Dabi: fine ill be there

I grin, turning to Fuyumi. "I sacrificed our Doritos, but he's coming."

"Yay!" She squeals. "Natsuo is grabbing more chocolate, so there's enough for all of us."

Fuyumi pulls up her hair, taking out the bowls and molds we would need.

I hear a knock at the door, and go to open it. "Hello?"

"It's Shotō."

I open the door, and Fuyumi greets him with a happy smile. "How's little Sho?"

I let them catch up for a bit, watching a cooking show. Another knock sounds, about fifteen minutes later, and Natsuo appears.

"He'll be a bit late," I tell Fuyumi. "He's picking something up, but he said we could go ahead and start."

She agrees, pulling us over to help her. She has Natsuo using the microwave to heat his milk chocolate, and Shotō uses his quirk for the white chocolate.

I use a hot plate, stirring some blue chocolate melts.

Fuyumi leaves, hearing a knock at the door. I hear her voice, breaking up. "I'm so glad you're here!"

Dabi walks into the kitchen cautiously, averting everyone's eyes.

"Hey Dabi," I give him a grin. "Staying out of trouble?"

"As well as I can," He smiles back, coming over to help me stir.

Fuyumi helps the other two, while also starting some pink candy melts.

"How much are we making?" Dabi asks me, a bit bewildered at the amount of chocolate and molds on the kitchen island.

"Enough for an army," I joke to him.

"I'm making some for the kids I teach, as well as all of you," Fuyumi smiles, looking at Natsuo's melted chocolate. "That's done, here let me help."

We each pour our melted candies into molds. Mine are little blue hearts, while Dabi uses the blue for some little flame molds.

I lick the spoon, eating the leftover chocolate from the bowl. Dabi steals a lick off of the spoon, then goes to eat our Doritos.

"So, what's the latest thing you're developing now?" He asks, mouth full of chips.

"Lip and inner-ear rings that translate. They work through your phone, even, so you can set default languages."

Shotō leans over, "What if I don't want to pierce my lip?"

"It's actually a clamp, you can control how tight it is with your phone. It's also a good precaution, so it isn't ripped out." I smile. "It's a really interesting project to me."

"Your projects are worthwhile," Dabi rests his elbow on my shoulder. "Those gloves really helped."

Fuyumi holds open the freezer, "Hey can you help me with these real quick?"

After placing the chocolates and candies in the freezer, we eventually all end up in the living room.

Dabi sits in front of me, on the floor in front of the couch. Fuyumi sits beside me, her other brothers sitting next to her.

We watch some cake baking show, while Fuyumi talks about how happy she is we're all here.

"I'm so glad you all could make it. Having you here makes me so happy. Thank you." She looks at each of us.

"Of course we came, we're your family," Shotō replies.

"Well, most of us," I laugh.

Fuyumi shakes her head. "You're just as much family as any of my other siblings."

Dabi looks up at me, poking my knee. "Yeah, you idiot."

I feel my heart swell. I'm family. Grinning, I meet Fuyumi's eyes. "Well then, it looks like I've gained a family."