🌲 11th Fic of Christmas

(This is my 100th story part in this book!!)

For the eleventh fic of Christmas, Author-san gave to you,

Unwanted Christmas Decorating,
Cold Christmas Caroling,
Tree Trimming Fun,
Bakugō On Ice,
Falling For Your Crush,
Decorating Cookies,
A VILLAINOUS SNOWBALL FIGHT
An Awkward Mistletoe Kiss,
Three Hot Cocoas,
A Secret Santa Gift,
And A Cute Little Christmas Date!
--- ---

"See! It's pretty," I grin at Chronostasis. I hang the bell from a nail in the wall.

"The boss is going to overhaul you," he groans.

"That's alright! At least the base will look nice."

Rappa enters the room. "Are you sure this will make Overjerk fight me?"

"Almost definitely!" I nod, getting down from the step stool. "And if not, we'll find something else, I promise."

I take the boxes from his arms, setting them on the ground. Unboxing a small Christmas tree, I get to work setting it up, getting lights and ornaments on, and lighting it up in the corner of the room. It stood up to about my knee. Surely he can't be too mad about something so small.

"Much more festive," I agree with myself, setting a small star on top.

"I agree! It looks nice," Nemoto walks through. It may have been a little snarky at my upcoming demise, but that's alright. I'll take the positive reinforcement. He wouldn't kill me, at least not permanently. I'm an important asset to his team.

I soon leave and head to my room, returning with an armful of presents, addressed to a few of the members of the Shie Hassaikai. There was no one left in the room, so no one would pry to see what they got.

Arranging them under the tree, I hear someone clear their throat from behind me.

I look behind me, freezing when I spot an all too familiar masked face.

"Oh. Hello Overhaul," I greet cheerfully.

"Did I say you could decorate?." He asks in a level voice. "Or have you forgotten we are the Shie Hassaikai, not some kind of preschool."

"Sorry," I avert my eyes, feeling my heart sink slightly. "I just thought it might make everyone feel more inspired to work harder. I... I even got you something," I tap the black presents, and his eyes fix on it. The gold ribbons atop it almost matched his eyes.

He rolls his eyes and sets a hand against his forehead. "Whatever. Just don't distract them from their work- and not too many decorations."

"Really? You mean it!" I gape at him, struck at how decent he was acting. "You won't regret this, boss!" I clap my hands together.

He definitely regretted his decision once I decorated his desk in gold ribbons. And then his head with a bow.

I, however, regret nothing.