Jirō Kyōka x Reader

(A Jirō Kyōka x Reader where Reader and Todoroki were dating but TodoMomo happens, leaving you and Jirō to find each other. Requested by EdgarAllenCrow. Hope you like it!)

"Shotō! Could we hang out this evening?" I catch up with my boyfriend, running out of the classroom to meet him.

I reach out to grab his hand, only for him to avert his eyes and pull away. "Actually, I'm going to study with Midoriya for the evening."

He brushes me off, leaving me to wonder what happened. We had started out so well. Our relationship had been adorable, my personality had gone well with his. He was everything I've ever wanted. I thought I made him happy.

I sigh, pulling my bag over my shoulder.

"Hey," someone calls my last name.

I turn around, greeting Mina with a smile. "Hello Mina, hello Jirō."

She pounces, flinging her arm around my shoulders. "Let's go study! I'm having trouble in Algebra."

--- ---

"So he's been avoiding you?" Mina pouts.

"Yes. I asked to hang out with him earlier but he said he was studying with Midoriya." I cross my arms, doodling on my paper.

"Momo has been doing the same to me. I just don't have the nerve to ask what I did." Jirō plays with her earphone jacks.

I yawn, and Mina throws me another gummy bear. Catching it in my mouth, I continue asking her math questions.

"How do you factor a cube-"

"MINA!" Someone slams the door open. "YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT I JUST SAW!" Kaminari gleams in excitement.

"Spill the tea, sis!"

"Todoroki and Yao-Momo were kissing!"

"What?" I say incredulously.

"In the library!" Kaminari insists.

I peek over at Jirō, who only stares at him in disbelief.

--- ---

I snuggle up to Jirō, both of us sniffling. Rather than get mad, we cried together about our infidel partners.

She wraps her arms around me, and I return the favor. "I'm so sorry."

She shakes her head. "I should have known. They always looked at each other with such admiration. I looked the same way at her."

I nod. "I've always thought he was too good for me."

Jirō sighs. "Maybe we should let them go."

Hearing her sniffle, I sigh. "I'm not sure I can just get over him. He's everything to me."

"And she's everything to me. Maybe we could help each other."

Heart beating a little faster, my eyes meet hers. "Help each other?"

"It'll be hard," she admits, "but I don't want to be alone."

My hand finds hers. "You won't be."

Jirō snuggles closer. "Thank you."

"Thank you."

--- ---

I smile, pressing my lips gently against the back of Kyōka's hand. Her face dusts pink, and she looks away.

Then, spotting Momo and Todoroki, she turns back to me. I grip her hand, giving her a supportive kiss on the cheek. "I'm here for you."

Kyōka sighs, nodding at me and returning my smile. My heart pangs when I spot red and white hair behind her. Refocusing, I touch her earphone jack hesitantly. It wraps around my finger, and I plant a small kiss on it. Kyōka laughs a little, her forehead resting against mine.

I don't even notice them leave the room as she commits a chaste kiss to my lips.

Rebound? Maybe. But it felt good to have someone there. I pull her in for another, tasting both her lips and the sweet taste of contentment.