Todoroki Shotō x Reader

(For the winner of my Christmas Contest TenThousandFireFlys! They requested some Todo fluff!)

"How about a dog?" I ask excitedly.

"Too much responsibility, we're not home enough to give it love, what with our hero jobs," Shotō sighs.

"A cat? They don't need too much love, they prefer to be alone most of the time" I smile up at him, trying to persuade him.

"Cats will claw at the furniture."

I huff. "A fish?"

He shakes his head. "Give it up."

I cross my arms, pouting. "Why not a fish?"

"Because we would forget to feed it."

"Come on, Shotō," I beg him, giving him puppy dog eyes. "Can't I have something around the house to take care of? We already agreed no children while we're heroes, and you don't want a pet."

Not completely unfazed by the begging, he pinches the bridge of his nose. "If you can find something that doesn't require our attention, I won't argue."

--- ---

"What is that?"

"My child," I clutch it close to me. "It looked so lonely and sad!"

"It's a cactus."

"Actually it's an aloe plant," I correct him with a smile. "It's so cute! It doesn't require much attention. And the gel inside can help with burns- oh please, Shotō! Can't I keep it?"

He stares at the plant, contemplating. Then he sighs. "You have to remember to water it."

I nod eagerly, looking down at my child. "His name is Aloeroki!"

"His name-"

I turn away before he can ask anything else, moving to the kitchen to set him in the window. "The tag says he needs lots of sunlight, and he only needs watering when the soil is completely dry." I smile at my little plant. "Look at him, Shotō! He's cute."

Shotō had followed me into the kitchen, the smallest of smiles perched on his face in amusement. "You don't give up easily," he muses.

"It's why you like me," I turn to him and wink.

"Hmm," he pretends to think. "I think there's a little more to it than that, but it would take me all day to list the reasons I love you." He wraps his arms around my waist, leaning his forehead on mine.

I kiss his nose. "Do you like Aloeroki?"

"It's a plant."

"But do you like him?"

"... Yes."