🎃 Demon!Shinsō x Reader

(Halloween-y Oneshots for every odd day in October! If you've requested something, I'll get to it after October, but this is good: I'm actually writing again!)

With a poof of purple smoke, my back hits the floor. A groan escapes my chest as I roll over, pushing myself up.

Did that really work? I can hear my heartbeat in my throat. The scattered remains of the summoning altar is shrouded in mist, the air tinged a slight purple.

I stifle a cough as I breathe in the mist.

A spiked black boot graces the floor with a thud, coming into view. A figure emerges, clad in leather and what looks like black paint. Large, clawed hands. A sculptured face. Slitted, dark mauve eyes pierce as the figure stalks closer. His purple hair is unruly, and two dark horns poke out of his head.

The demon.

"Hello," his voice is barely a whisper as his grin reveals pointed teeth. "You called?"

My throat is dry as I try to make sense of this. Words won't even form on my tongue.

He laughs, "Surprised? People usually are when their little summonings actually work."

I nod slowly. It's not too far of a stretch for demons to be real. My heart is still audible as I stand up.

"You're-"

"Hitoshi," he gives a wink, "at your service."

"Y/n," I avert my eyes. His own glint beautifully, only adding to his attractive features.

"You summoned me... Out of curiosity?" I nod at his question. "Why me?"

I shrug, unable to meet his eyes. "It says you're a demon for people who are lonely."

"That it does. You desire company. I'll give it to you in exchange for..." His clawed hand lifts my chin gently, turning my attention to him. My soul.

"A story."

A what.

"A... Story?"

"Such a misconception," Hitoshi chuckles. "You're summoning a demon; your soul is already on its course. Us demons have millenium to think and watch and wait," his hand caresses my face. "Tell me a story to pass a little of my time, and I'll return the favour. We can sit and watch your human movies," he smiles, almost looking genuine. "Is it a deal, Y/n?"

What's the downside to this again? "Deal."