🌲 1st Fic of Christmas

For the first Fic of Christmas, Author-san gave to you,

A Cute Little Christmas Date!
--- ---

I huff, poking at the blindfold around my head. "Is this really necessary, Izu?"

"Of course! It's a surprise!" He guides me with his arms around me, making sure I don't run into anything.

The two of us have been together for five years, and married for two. So, whenever he asked me to go out in the middle of the night while it was snowing? How could I refuse.

For what seems like a few blocks, he leads the way to wherever he insisted we should go. The cool night air pricks through my thick jacket, and I can feel the snowflakes falling down. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see, it's not too far now," Izuku hums in my ear.

Soon, we stop. "Alright, love," he takes off the blindfold.

I gape in awe at the sight before me. Christmas lights upon Christmas lights filled the streets. "It's a tradition on this side of town, everyone puts up as many lights as they can. It's turned into a festival." His voice was unwavering, but when my eyes met his, I could see how nervous he is. He always is on dates.

I take his gloved hand in mine, smiling. "This is so lovely, Izuku."

He smiles back as I whisper the words. "I hope you like it."

"I love it." I lean in close to him, and he fills the gap. Our lips meet in a sweet kiss, then Izuku points to a food stall.

"We haven't had dinner yet. Want to grab something and look at all the lights?"

"That sounds amazing!" I wrap my arms around him, kissing some of his freckles.

The two of us make our way down the street, snacking on some food along the way. I can only stare in awe at the beautiful lights, their twinkling gazes filling the streets.

Izuku points out a few of his favourites, like the ones with All Might or other pro heroes.

My attention soon turns from the lights, and onto Izuku instead. The way the lights reflected in his eyes made him look like they held the universe in them. His green hair turned red and white and all sorts of colours in the lights.

He catches me staring, immediately blushing. "What is it?"

"You're just adorable," I lean over to kiss his cheek. His whole face erupts in a dark red, and we take a seat together on a bench.

"Are you having fun?" He asks, still flustered.

"Of course, Izu," I lean my head against his shoulder. "Thank you."

Snowflakes fall on our faces as we meet for another kiss, basking in the lights of Christmas.