Shoji Mezo x Reader

I giggle happily, my fingers threaded through those of one of my boyfriend's extra hands. "Can't you tell me where we are going for our date?"

"I told you, it's a surprise," Shoji Mezo's gentle voice teases. It always has such a soothing tone, urging a smile upon my lips.

He leads me along the sidewalk, one of arms with a hand produced for holding mine and another wrapped around my waist. I lean my head into him, bubbles of happiness in my chest.

"We're almost there, love," Mezo squeezes my hand. I hum happily. Honestly, I could just sit next to him all day and be content. Though it's still wonderful to go on dates with him.

I feel my jaw drop as I look up at the building he points out. A large blue butterfly sits on the sign. A butterfly garden!

His eyes close, as if to smile at my amazement. My smile widens further as I hug him tightly. "This looks like so much fun, Mezo!"

"I remember, before we first started dating, you said I looked like a butterfly, and that you like butterflies. I thought it would be nice to look at all the butterflies with you," Mezo states, a little awkwardly. I grip his hand in reassurance, kissing the back of his hand.

"I love it."

Mezo blushes a little, leading me inside. He pays for our entrance, and we rush to the atrium, hand in hand.

We walk along the paths, careful not to disturb the insects along our way. He reads the signs along the edges, pointing out the ones he likes.

"Look, a Luna moth!" I point to one.

"It's pretty," his eyes crinkle as he looks around. They briefly scan for anyone else in the vicinity. "Almost as breathtaking as you."

I feel my face burn. "Shh, that's embarrassing," I mumble, covering my face. He tugs down his mask, kissing me on the cheek, before replacing it over his face. I smile stupidly, my hand gripping his.

"I love you," I look up at him, face still bright.

"I love you, too."